Hosting plans database backend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting plans database backend

Can someone identify where the break is in the different hosting plans? Which ones use Access and which ones are on SQL. Thanks.

The answer to this according to an account rep is that all accounts up to the Cloud accounts are Access. Cloud accounts are by default setup on Access and then by request can be moved to SQL.

Comment

lets start a petition to burn access with fire!

had to play the witch hunt card lol. but from a licensing standpoint it makes sense. Doesn't seem to mess with performance too much on the smaller sites ive worked on

Comment

But it matters when I am paying $100 a month more for something that I am not getting...
        Last edited by hoosierdraft; 02-11-2014, 12:28 PM.

Comment

I purchased a service from 3dcart. I really don't care if they have 500 rats doing the work with abacuses. As long as my cart works. Has an API that works. Has good performance. I am ok with whatever tool they use.

It sounds like you are experiencing some issues caused by Access vs MSSQL. Would you care to elaborate?

jeff
          Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

Originally posted by jcocking View Post
            I really don't care if they have 500 rats doing the work with abacuses. As long as my cart works. Has an API that works. Has good performance. I am ok with whatever tool they use.
            THE best quote of the month ;)

I had to google image rats with abacuses.

I now return you to your Original Post Topic.

Comment

I did not know there was an actual image online. Should have trusted Google. For your viewing pleasure....

One Rat with a Abacus.

jeff
              Attached Files
              Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

Originally posted by jcocking View Post
                I purchased a service from 3dcart. I really don't care if they have 500 rats doing the work with abacuses. As long as my cart works. Has an API that works. Has good performance. I am ok with whatever tool they use.

It sounds like you are experiencing some issues caused by Access vs MSSQL. Would you care to elaborate?

jeff
                I would tend to agree with your statement in general HOWEVER when I contracted with 3dcart it WAS for a specific service: ecommerce hosting with a SQL driven database for my products. I agreed to pay $199 a month for this instead of paying $99 a month for an Access driven database. Knowing that eventually my item count would grow to where Access would create performance issues, I did not want to go through a db change at some point in time. NOW because of performance issues, 3dcart tech support has recommended changing from Access to SQL to resolve the issues. Exactly why I selected Cloud X1 package to begin with its just not what I was delivered for the last 10 months.

And still waiting to get SQL API back working after the change. Evidently another rat or two to get the abacus wheels back turning.

Comment

That is understandable. You specifically purchased a high end plan with an understanding to find out later it was not the case. That can be very frustrating.

I would be very interested in understanding what changes you were required to make for the transition.

Did the transition require API changes? Access and MSSQL are close, but there are nuances.

Are you seeing a performance boost, from a customer perspective? From an admin perspective?

If you do not mind sharing the good, the bad and the ugly.

thank you.

jeff
                  Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

Working...
                  X