Exclude Options From Display?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclude Options From Display?

Is there a way to exclude options from displaying if the option does not exist?

Assume shirt A has two main options, Color and Size (pretty standard right?).

There are three option sets red, white and blue in color and small, medium, large, xl and xxl in size options.

Suppose colors red and white are in all sizes, but color blue does not come xl and xxl.

When someone selects the color blue, how do I keep sizes xl and xxl from displaying as an option?

Granted, if someone clicks on it they get a not available message, but intuitively if it is not available, it should not be seen.

Wouldn't a "hide" checkbox in Advanced Options keep that particular option from displaying (that is, if one existed)?

Is there a workaround to accomplish this?

Originally posted by AWC View Post
    Is there a way to exclude options from displaying if the option does not exist?

Assume shirt A has two main options, Color and Size (pretty standard right?).

There are three option sets red, white and blue in color and small, medium, large, xl and xxl in size options.

Suppose colors red and white are in all sizes, but color blue does not come xl and xxl.

When someone selects the color blue, how do I keep sizes xl and xxl from displaying as an option?

Granted, if someone clicks on it they get a not available message, but intuitively if it is not available, it should not be seen.

Wouldn't a "hide" checkbox in Advanced Options keep that particular option from displaying (that is, if one existed)?

Is there a workaround to accomplish this?
    In options choose "hide advanced options out of stock". This should accomplish what I think your looking for.

It will make only the in stock options available.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruppy View Post
      In options choose "hide advanced options out of stock". This should accomplish what I think your looking for.

It will make only the in stock options available.
      Where exactly is this setting?

Thanks,
      BP

Comment

Ditto. Where is this setting?

You're not referring to the hide functionality in options because that setting is too global? It will hide options across colors.

If you set up colors as main options (this is really only practical for a couple or few colors) you cannot properly identify options with UPC's for stock tracking purposes.

Comment

From what I can tell the only way to eliminate options from showing would be to have a hide functionality in the advanced options section.

Unchecking the enable functionality does not keep the option from showing - at least not for me. :(

Comment

Its in options under product settings

Hide Adv Options Out of Stock
            When using Advanced Options for a single dropdown selection, enable this setting to hide the options which are out of stock from the dropdown.

Comment

Hi Ruppy.

Yes, that's a very basic solution and not what I'm after. I'm about to post a question regarding the use of 3d's $600 option rules app.

Comment

If you use advanced options and only put the ones you have in stock it will only show those in stock. Im not sure how thats not the same thing. If you only have small red in stock only small red will show to the customer.

The only way this wouldnt work is if you have more than 200 options in a product and advanced options locks out.

Comment

Working...
                X