• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import issue with sizes

Right now our skus work like this:
    D154833-7
    D154833-8
    D154833-9
    As you can see the 7, 8, 9, at the ends are the only difference and they are ring sizes, and up to this point we have just been putting them in separate categories. Now we want to have all these items combined so the customer only sees one item, but is able to use a drop down button to select the size, but I need it to be able to track them in our inventory as individual items because we may only have 1 of the size 7, 3 of the size 8, and 1 of the size 9. I have already read this article https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...ticle/View/397, but still really do not understand how it would keep track in the inventory items individually. if someone could tell me how this works, or show me in spread sheet that would be great. Thank you.
    Jimmy

To track inventory of options, you need to use the Advanced Options feature. That is where you designate the different options and you can enter the inventory for each size. Here is a KB article for importing Advanced Options: https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...vanced-options.

Hope that helps!
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

So would I put a stock count on the original item or just in the advanced file?
      Jimmy

Comment

Just in the advanced options, it will automatically compile a total inventory on the original item.

Comment

So just to be clear I should upload product with qty 0 then just add the cost and qty in the advance settings is this correct? I thank you in advance for all your help.
          Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
            So just to be clear I should upload product with qty 0 then just add the cost and qty in the advance settings is this correct? I thank you in advance for all your help.
            You can, but if you already have the quantity field populated you don't have to change it. When you add the quantities in the advanced settings tab, the system will automatically replace the current inventory number with the info from the advanced tab.
            Laura Z
            Brass & Silver Traditions
            www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Thank you so much for your help Laura. I think you gave me enough info to give this a shot.
              Jimmy

Comment

Jimmy, if you use advanced options you should also modify your listing template so it shows the specific inventory count for that option and not the total count:
                https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...ticle/View/263

There is also another KB for showing the actual Advanced Option part number instead of the Paren part number when an option is selected. I can't seem to find it now.

Comment

Working...
                X