Add to Cart not working on homepage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add to Cart not working on homepage

We are going back and forth with support about a problem we're having with our homepage. If you click Add to Cart on any item on our homepage it directs to the product listing page instead of adding it to the cart.

They are telling me this is because we have the products labeled as Special. Is this true? Any product that is labeled as homepage or category special doesn't allow you to use the Add to Cart button on the homepage?!?!?

This seems insanely counter-intuitive, making the path longer to purchase a Special item. We see the Add to Cart button functioning properly on other 3DCart sites. Is it our site that is working incorrectly or are these sites using custom coding to get it to work?

This just can't be the way it's supposed to work...

Any product that is labeled as homepage or category special doesn't allow you to use the Add to Cart button on the homepage?!?!?
    The above is NOT true.
    Our "Home Specials" will re-direct to the product page, but they will also be added to the cart when the Add to Cart button is used on the home page.

Comment

So just to be clear. If you're on your homepage and click anything but the Add to Cart button, like the image, it directs to the product listing page. If you click the Add to Cart button, on the homepage, it adds the product to, and goes directly to the cart. (Just as if you clicked the Add to Cart button on the product listing page)

Thanks for the response!

This is the support response:

"The product being tested "Chauvet SlimPAR HEX 3 IRC RGBAW+UV LED PAR Light" does not go to the cart and returns you to the product page since it is set as a Featured Product/Category Home Special. As demonstrated in the following video, products that are Specials are not linked directly to the cart, unfortunately with these items you are taken to the product listing page. Only products that are not Specials will go straight to the view cart page."

Comment

As I mentioned above, our "Home Specials" will re-direct to the product page, but they will also be added to the cart.

You click Add to Cart > one item is added to the cart. You are also redirected to the product page.

We never send customers straight to the cart, so this works for us. If you always send customers to the cart, then I can see how this is a problem.

We typically like the customer to stay on the same page when they add to cart. Unfortunately, both the Home Specials, and the Search Page, will send customers to the product page. The category page is controllable from the settings!!!??? I don't understand the logic in the design. If it matters on one page, then it should matter on all pages. I think it was just overlooked in the design, and no one wants to go back to fix it.

Comment

We received a call from 3DCart support, which surprised us and it was explained that because some of my items have zero inventory, they direct to the product page as opposed to the cart.

THAT makes much more sense. We can understand that if an item isn't in stock, that the customer would probably like to see availability prior to placing it in their cart.

Have to give 3DCart support a big thumbs up for the follow-up, not so much on the initial answer provided...

Comment

Just as a side note, and maybe this has been pointed out before, not only will out of stock items go to their product page instead of the cart, it also seems to happen if the product is in stock, but has an option that must be selected first. In this case it will also go to the product page instead of adding it to the cart.

Comment

Working...
            X