How do you escalate a support issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you escalate a support issue?

I use PayPal Advanced as my payment processor and last Sunday afternoon, I noticed that PayPal was missing from my payment options. The only options showing were Bill Me Later and pay by credit card. I submitted a support ticket.

It took two days to get across to the support team what the issue is. They were fixated on credit cards not working. Credit cards are working fine.

From what I can tell they have basically done nothing the last two days. I sent a request for a status around noon EST today and I've gotten no response.

How do I escalate this? I really need to get this fixed!
    Susan's Green Marketplace
    Natural, Organic and Eco-Friendly Products
    http://www.susansgreenmarketplace.com

Whenever I have a critical issue I always contact Support by phone. Have you called them?
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Susan,
      Sorry for the delayed response. I will do what I can to escalate your issue so we can get this taken care of for you as soon as possible
      Thanks for your patience.
      Bryan Shaw
      Community Manager at 3dcart
      [email protected]

Comment

The problem has been resolved. It ended up being a PayPal issue - but it took a week before I reached someone who understood the issue enough to know that it was a PayPal problem and not a 3dcart problem.

In answer to some of your questions, I called, chatted, open more support tickets.

Sorry it took so long to reply. I'm a newbie and was expecting a notification sent to my email if anyone responded to my post. Next time, I will know you check.
        Susan's Green Marketplace
        Natural, Organic and Eco-Friendly Products
        http://www.susansgreenmarketplace.com

Comment

Glad you got it resolved. You can opt to receive email notifications for specific threads. Just go to the thread that is of interest, then click on the Thread Tools button at the top of the post. Click Subscribe and then you can select how you would like to be notified about it.
          Laura Z
          Brass & Silver Traditions
          www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Originally posted by susansgreenmarketplace View Post
            The problem has been resolved. It ended up being a PayPal issue - but it took a week before I reached someone who understood the issue enough to know that it was a PayPal problem and not a 3dcart problem.

In answer to some of your questions, I called, chatted, open more support tickets.

Sorry it took so long to reply. I'm a newbie and was expecting a notification sent to my email if anyone responded to my post. Next time, I will know you check.
            Even when I subscribe, I do not get any e-mail notifications. If your in the same boat as me, you may have to come back and check even if you subscribe to a thread and your e-mail is valid.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan Shaw View Post
              Susan,
              Sorry for the delayed response. I will do what I can to escalate your issue so we can get this taken care of for you as soon as possible
              Thanks for your patience.
              Bryan Shaw
              [email protected]
              Hello Bryan. Speaking to this, I have an open ticket that I cannot get resolved. It appears to be a conflict between scripts for metatags, that is preventing blog category pages from rendering. Can you assist please? The # isJUP-951-27454.

BP

Comment

BP,
                Let me see what I can do to help.
                I will escalate your ticket and try and get this resolved for you ASAP.
                Thanks for reaching out, and for your patience.
                Best,
                Bryan Shaw
                [email protected]

Comment

Bryan,

The ticket system used to have different priority levels that we could open tickets up under and then escalate. It went away with one of the upgrades and, as a regular support user, I miss it.

Your help is appreciated on the forum, but customers shouldn't have to come here complaining of poor support, only to have you step in and help, to motivate the support staff.

I would guess that if you compare the number of active forum members to your total client base, you'll see a very small percentage actually post.

Having a way for the customer to escalate, and then following thru on the support end, would probably go a long way for customer satisfaction.

Just an observation from someone who uses both the support system, and the forums.

Originally posted by Bryan Shaw View Post
                  BP,
                  Let me see what I can do to help.
                  I will escalate your ticket and try and get this resolved for you ASAP.
                  Thanks for reaching out, and for your patience.
                  Best,
                  Bryan Shaw
                  [email protected]

Comment

I think being able to select a level when writing a ticket (normal, critical, etc) sounds good in theory, but I bet it was abused with people selecting the highest priority for all of their tickets.

Comment

I know that I was very conscious of my ratings but you are probably correct that some folks incorrectly applied the priority.

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
                      I think being able to select a level when writing a ticket (normal, critical, etc) sounds good in theory, but I bet it was abused with people selecting the highest priority for all of their tickets.

Comment

Working...
                      X