Tracking Links Not Working on Mobile Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking Links Not Working on Mobile Devices

Anyone else experiencing this one? We just discovered that the tracking number links in our confirmation emails only work when clicked on a computer. If the link is clicked on a mobile device, the home page appears for a split second, and then is replaced with the message "Oops, page not found."
    We have tried this with multiple orders, with different shipping carriers, and on a variety of browsers. I submitted a ticket, of course, but wonder if any of you might know what could be going wrong here?
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Well, I guess nobody else is worried about this? Here is the response I got from Support:

"Thank you for contacting 3dcart support. I do apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Unfortunately the tracking link will not work on a mobile device if you are using the mCommerce module. The mCommerce module has a domain.com/mobile directory and the tracking link does not have the /mobile included. Please feel free to contact support if you have any further questions or concerns. We thank you for your patience."

So basically, even though most of our customers are trying to track on their mobile devices, they will never be able to do so. This makes me beyond frustrated. As far as I can tell, my only option is to edit the tracking email to let everyone know that they can't track their package unless they are on a computer. This seems so wrong to me. Any better ideas????
    Laura Z

Comment

We abandoned using the mCommerce module a long time ago. The best approach would be to put the time in to get your site onto a responsive template that'll be a first-class-citizen on all screen sizes.

Comment

Sigh. I know. I have tried and tried, but the templates 3dCart has so far don't work at all. I have put in too many hours to count trying to make them function properly with zero success. I just don't have the coding expertise to do it.
        Laura Z

Comment

My intermediate solution (having not put the time in to make responsive templates work, either) is to just present my regular desktop site to mobile users. Mobile phones and tablets have modern browsers that can display them with no problem. The navigation isn't optimized, but at least the site isn't fundamentally broken.

Comment

We're with brassandsilver, unfortunately we have had zero success with 3DCart's responsive templates. Heck, our products don't show up on the homepage at all.

Unfortunately, we may end up having to hire a developer if we ever want to have a responsive website.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
              My intermediate solution (having not put the time in to make responsive templates work, either) is to just present my regular desktop site to mobile users. Mobile phones and tablets have modern browsers that can display them with no problem. The navigation isn't optimized, but at least the site isn't fundamentally broken.
              Thanks, that is what I have opted to do as well. Seems much better than the mobile site.

Hopefully the responsive templates will be out of beta before too long!
              Laura Z

Comment

I noticed the same thing recently. Support wasn't very helpful either. Just another slightly broken feature. Funny thing is I know I've clicked on them in the past and they worked.

Comment

How do you turn off the mcommerce module?
                  Mark
                  www.printpal.com

Comment

settings-->general-->store modules: scroll down a little over half way to "MCOMMERCE". click the arrow on the right and uncheck to disable
                    TheCartDesigner.com
                    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
                    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

I think the default robots.txt file also has the following line:

Code:
                      Disallow: /mobile/
                      Webmaster: Texas Media Systems

Comment

Working...
                      X