Category variables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Category variables

Does anybody know if you can use the [manufacturer_name] in the category_x.html page? I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks

Anybody know how we can add the manufacturer name to the category page?

Comment

I tested every variable that I can think of, and none work, so it looks like this is impossible.

Extra fields do work. So you could use like [extra_field_5] and put the mfg name in that field. It's a bit of a hacky workaround, but it would work if this is important for you.

Comment

Thanks for the input. My seo guy says it would be helpful to have the manufacturer name show with the product name so I was looking at a way to make it happen. I suppose I can update an extra_field as you suggest.

Thanks!

Comment

I personally include the brand name within the item title as well.

So like:

Item name: Nike Air Jordan Shoes
          Manufacturer: Nike

Comment

I use the manufacture name in the page title on the product page for SEO reasons, but I only use the product name on the actual category page.

It is that famous trade off of Customer Experience vs SEO. Every SEO I have ever worked with, will tell you to include the all of the product page's content on the category page.

Thanks CB for taking the time to research which fields can be used on the category page. I did not know you could use the extra fields.

You never know when that will become useful.

jeff
            Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

Thanks steven and jeff, both are good options. I was just hoping a "simple" solution to the code vs having to update all the products ;)

Comment

Working...
              X