'Add to Cart' buttons on non-standard template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Add to Cart' buttons on non-standard template

I'm helping a friend with their website (not live yet) which was initially built on the one star template that was highly customized by a paid web designer who he no longer works with.

Right now he displays 8 products on the homepage as 'Home Specials' but wants to have 'Add to Cart' buttons to them which according to the 3dCart help desk isn't possible with the customized theme.

Is there code I could add that would be able to display those buttons? I have an image in the file manager of the button, I just don't know how to reference the product ID or where to put the code (and what that code looks like).

His goal is to have it looking close to this 3dCart site: Frontier 4x4 Off-Road Supply

Thanks!!

You just need a link, in the format of:

/add_cart.asp?quick=1&item_id=[catalogid]

[catalogid] is a template variable that is replaced by the ID of the product at run time. It will need to be in some kind of template block, so if the variable doesn't work then post a link to the live site...

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
      You just need a link, in the format of:

/add_cart.asp?quick=1&item_id=[catalogid]

[catalogid] is a template variable that is replaced by the ID of the product at run time. It will need to be in some kind of template block, so if the variable doesn't work then post a link to the live site...
      You rock!! Exactly what I needed, plugged in the code and linked it to our image and it works a treat!

THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
      X