Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order less than minimum value - meaningless message

Original message to support

My minimum purchase is $5. Customers are reporting getting a rather meaningless message about the payment method being missing instead of giving a more meaningful message – saying that the reason the order can’t be processed is that the minimum order value is $5.

Would you be able to fix this undocumented feature?

This is the second time this has happened this week and only happens when I have a sale on!

Latest response
    I do apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing. I have placed a test order with the information provided. I did not receive an error message regarding Minimum Purchase (the issue that needs to be fixed!). I did see that there was an error regarding "There's no payment options available to your address. Please check the entered address and try again." The reason why this error message appears is because you have the minimum amount for your payment methods set to "5". Please See: 2014-03-28_0952 - AlexFrancois's library and 2014-03-28_0942 - AlexFrancois's library
    Updating this information should resolve this issue. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact support.

After 3 days support have managed to replicate the issue and told me that I should remove the minimum purchase value! How about implementing a meaningful error message!

Sue
    Sue
    Fabric Garden
    fabricgarden.com.au

Do you have your minimum $ to checkout set to $5.00, or just your payment methods? If you don't have the minimum set to $5 under Settings>General>Store Settings>Minimum Amount to Checkout: set to the correct amount, then that is what is causing the problem. If you make sure to have the amount filled in there, and then you remove that minimum from your payment settings, that error message should go away.
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Laura

Thanks ever so much. I have updated my store and hopefully these issues are gone forever.

Sue
      Sue
      Fabric Garden
      fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

No problem. I hope that fixes the issue for you!
        Laura Z
        Brass & Silver Traditions
        www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Interestingly enough I worked out why I set the minimum on the payment method. I sell 'free' epatterns. So there is no minimum payment. When I switched back to controlling the minimum at the store level all these orders failed.

3Dcart simply has to fix the message! If the payment is less than the minimum - a MEANINGFUL message should be displayed.
          Sue
          Fabric Garden
          fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

Working...
          X