Need to update inventory without changing name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to update inventory without changing name

Pretty much as the title says I need to update our inventory without changing the name because our names are usually not the same as manufacture. Can I not just update our qty on items by the ID? I thank you in advance for your help.
    Jimmy

Sure, use the CSV import. The only required column is the item ID. Then just have another column for stock.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
      Sure, use the CSV import. The only required column is the item ID. Then just have another column for stock.
      It says in this KB That name is required. Can I update in bulk say the cost, stock, and price of some items without changing anything else with those items such as images or descriptions? I need to do this with the id as I may not have a match for the name as I said before. In other words we do not use the standard manufacture titles.

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...t-new-products
      Jimmy

Comment

The KB is wrong. ID is the only required field. Why not do a test import with one item?

Comment

We use only the catalogid field when making changes to our products, since it is the only truly unique field in the product table. No two items can have the same value for catalogid and this value cannot be changed once the item has been created.

Conversely, it IS possible for two different items to have the same id field value and this value can be changed after the item as been created - either manually (through the product admin) or in bulk (via csv upload).

Comment

Still not able to just do an update. I select update only, and yet it erases everything I do not update. For example say I have an item out and just want to change the title of that item that is already out. Well I would use the 3dcart product file in excel and would only put in the id and new title, then I upload it and would select update only when asked. It would change the title ,but erase everything else like the description, category, ect. We just want to be able to update items easily when we get product updates. I thank you in advance for your help.
            Jimmy

Comment

It sounds like you are leaving all the columns in the excel file.
              You only want two columns, id and name.
              If you leave the other columns in, they will be imported with blank values.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
                It sounds like you are leaving all the columns in the excel file.
                You only want two columns, id and name.
                If you leave the other columns in, they will be imported with blank values.
                This was the very answer I was looking for. Thank you friend!
                Jimmy

Comment

Working...
                X