Semalt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semalt

Does anyone know how to block Semalt from our websites? I have tried to nail down something that could be added to the robot.txt but from what I am reading that will not do any good. I do not know how to look up the IP address in smarter stats either. Just keep seeing them hit my site over and over with their lovely 100% bounce rate.

Cruddy bandwidth stealing nasties........

You're not alone. I see them all the time in my woopra stats. I've looked all over online to see how to block them, so far I've not found a way. Someone, in a blog, said you can block through .htaccess file with a small snippet of code, others report that hasn't worked either.

Comment

Fix

Go to the bottom of this page and follow directions

Comment

I lost the bookmark for that page, thanks much! I've added my website to that list before but I kept seeing it on the site over and over and over. I'll try it again, never hurts, right?

Comment

Reverse IP

I found that link in under one minute. To find an IP address, get the sire somanin name and Google IP reverse lookup. Here's the data I found:

IPv4 address: 217.23.11.15
          Reverse DNS: customer.worldstream.nl
          RIR: RIPENCC
          RBL Status: Clear
          Thread: No threats detected

You could add the IP address to the IP Security list.

Comment

They have many IP addresses. The last ones that came through were from Brazil, not the Netherlands as they were the first few times. Wordpress finally flagged them.

This info I had bookmarked from when I did my searches, etc. a couple months ago

What is the website www.semalt .com about?

Comment

Working...
            X