Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Points Rewards Program

Hello all,
    I am very much a newbie to this site and 3d cart... I have online grocery delivery service for tourist visiting our island .

My website address is www.shopndropgrocerysxm.com. I have a question regarding the points rewards program.

From what I can see they rewards program allows you to accumulate points and redeem for products depending how many points each product is set up for.

What I would like to accomplish is a 1- $1 point but as the customer shops and accumulates points I want them to be able to set up redemption program where by for eg:

If the accumulate 1000 points they can redeem it for $25.00 store credit
    2000 points - $50 store credit which they can redeem for their total bill not product specific.

Is this possible? Any advise is much appreciated

Thanks
    Jeannie

Yes, you just make Gift Certificate Products:
    https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...ficate-product

and make them redeemable for points.

So on my store I have it set so 400 points gets you a $10 gift certificate, and $750 points gets you a $25 gift certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post

So on my store I have it set so 400 points gets you a $10 gift certificate, and $750 points gets you a $25 gift certificate.
      Sorry I am a newbie at this... but are you saying you can automatically set this up and it is not a manual process where by I have to keep track of peoples points and then offer them a gift certificate...

Does that automatically get credited to their account or does it send them a automatic gift certificate code once they have reached that point... when they click on redeem...

Some clarification will be very helpful to me... like I said I ma new a this and would love some assistance

my goal is to automate the process so that system will automatically qualify them for a certain $ amount for redemption.

Once again I am not certain perhaps what you are suggesting is achievable where by you can assign a gift certificate amount to a redeemable points automatically without manual intervention.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts

Thanks
      Jeannie

Comment

Yes, it's all automatic. 3DCart has a reward points program. Have you read the help file?

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...points-program

Comment

Yes, it's all automatic. 3DCart has a reward points program. Have you read the help file?

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...points-program
          Yes i do know they have a reward point program and have played with it..

I will investigate further how points can be redeemed for gift certificates

Thanks
          Jeannie

Comment

I wanted to question this as I'm having difficulty understanding how you can set it up so that a customer can "automatically redeem" points for a gift certificate. From what I am understanding of the system, a customer accrues points, and then they must manually add a gift certificate to a shopping cart, using points to pay for it, in order to redeem those points. Is that correct? In my case, I don't want customers to be able to redeem points on products, but just gift certificate/cards.

Has there been any talk of using points as a method of payment during checkout?

Joe
            Joe Arbogast
            http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

The reward systems is a bit outdated, and limited in function. Here are the basic steps to get this to work.
              -Create a Gift Card
              -Assign a point value to purchase gift card
              - Write an in depth explanation on how the rewards are redeemed, and make it easy for your customers to read, because if your customers are anything like mine, 90% of them wont understand it.

The process to redeem follows these steps
              -Customer goes to my account page
              -Customer finds Reward section.
              -Customer Clicks Redeem Link
              -Customer Clicks Redeem again
              -Customer Confirms they are redeeming
              -Customer goes to checkout page, and loses anything in their shopping cart. (This is usually when I get a call).
              -Gift certificate gets sent to customers email with a redemption code (Sometimes instantly, sometimes in an hour).
              -Customer has to reload their card.
              -Customer Enters code
              -Customer Checkouts, and gets a receipt that doesnt show the Gift Card adjusted total (This is when I get another call where I have to explain that the gift card is taken off as a payment method).
              -I bang my head against the wall for 20 minutes, then repeat process a couple more times a week.

Comment

So, I am new to this, but here is what I did... I added a product that redeems rewards for points (1000 point = $5), then I created a promotion to take $5 off the order, so if the customer puts this in their cart for 1000 points it will automatically take $5 off the order. This product is not searchable and can only be found when the customer hits "redeem" from the reward point section. As a safety precaution, I set the price of the product to $5, so if someone does add this to their cart without redeeming points, it adds $5 and then takes away the $5 with a net impact to the order as zero... (example product http://www.fotobella.com/5-FotoBella...d_p_45735.html)

I tested this a few times all looks good, that said, we just started the rewards program this past weekend, so no one has used it yet in "real life".

Comment

Following this - FotoBella - is this working for you? I'd prefer customers to be able to apply their points at checkout as a payment method. cbsteven can you explain how your method works? I'm pretty new to this - just setting up and reward points will be a big competitive feature. I can't have points apply to specific products since I sell in fractional quantities and everything in my store can be purchased with points.

Comment

the 3dcart points module is poorly designed - there is a "redeem this item for xx points" button on every listing - unfortunately the button is only visible to logged in visitors and invisible to new visitors and those that do't log in the moment they hit your site - I made a higly overpriced modification that displays the redeem points button consistently - our point redemption soared - this is a no brainer and should be free

Comment

Thanks windycityparrot My workaround was to create gift certificates that customers can purchase with their redeem points. They can then use these on any item in the store. Not ideal and I've just launched so we will see how it goes.

Comment

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I was subscribed to notifications for this string, but I didn't see them. I like the gift certificate idea. But I didn't really want people to be able to use coupons and rewards together... But we do occasionally have issues when customers customer try to use a coupon with the reward (we don't allow both) and I end up reimbursing points. Here are a few screen shots of our set up.

First we set up the reward product... Notice the price is $15, but it will be free with 3000 points...

2017-03-15_19-30-11 Reward Product Setup.jpg

Next we set up the promotion. It is a $15 off promo, so if they didn't redeem rewards, there is a net zero result, but if they did redeem rewards, they get $15 off their order (if they have the reward product in their cart). 2017-03-15_19-32-21 Reward Promo 1.jpg
                        2017-03-15_19-31-32 Reward Promo 2.jpg

We did the same thing for a $5, $10, and $25 reward. Here you can see it in the Redeem Reward page.

2017-03-15_19-33-39 Reward Redeem.jpg

Obviously it would be better if 3dcart had native support to redeem rewards points for discounts :)

Comment

Hi FotoBella Thanks so much for the screens. I have something similar set up - that seems to be working - they redeem for gift certificates first, then they can use that gift certificate on a future order. The gift certificates cannot be used with a coupon so I think it's the same result. I actually find pick up very minimal - many customers don't redeem their points, so so far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                          X