Little feedback for the support team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little feedback for the support team

I have been a faithful customer of 3dcart for quite a while, and have almost always had very good help from support when needed. However, just as a little constructive criticism, Gonzalo, this is an example of why folks on here seem to get frustrated.

I submitted the following ticket this morning:

"I purchased a Geotrust Quick SSL Premium from you as my current one (installed by you last year) is to expire on 6/24/2014. I called first to ask if there was anything I needed to do to have the new one installed and was told "no". I haven't seen that it has been installed. Can you let me know if you have received everything you need from me or if there is something else pending? Don't want it to expire!"

This is the response I received:

"Thank you for contacting 3Dcart. I would advise to renew the SSL as early as you can (preferably at least a week prior to the expiration of it that is) because it will append the days to the renewal (Example, If you renew on the 17th then it will add an extra week to your new renewal. Renewal is the same way as signing up for a new SSL; you can be going to this link:

http://www.3dcart.com/ecommerce-ssl-certificates.html"

Did they even READ my ticket? Don't think so, just a canned response. Could the person who spoke to me on the phone have told me this information? Yes, but they didn't. Just a little feedback.

OK, so like I said, I almost always have great help from the support staff. Within minutes of sending them an email telling them that they hadn't really read my ticket, I received the following:

"Thank you for contacting support, I apologize for the issue. I show your order was placed on Order Date: 6/9/2014 3:25:22 PM. It normally takes 24-48 hours for SSL certificates to be installed. You should be receiving an e-mail from the SSL admins to confirm or approve the ssl certificate installation. Please make sure to reply to the e-mail so they can finish the installation. If you do not see the e-mail in your inbox make sure to check the spam or junk mail folder. Your certificate should be installed by today. Thank you for your patience."

THIS is what I mean by great service--they answer promptly, and correctly--it just doesn't seem to happen often enough on the first contact. I wasn't trying to be harsh in my initial posting, just wanted everyone at 3dcart to know that the first level response is sometimes not up to snuff. Seems like someone is more interested in having a fast "response time" than an quality assistance. FWIW

Still a very happy customer, after all these years :)

Comment

Working...
    X