X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird shipping error message

I am seeing an odd shipping error that reads:

"This mail service requires Ground Transportation Only."

This seems to happen with people in my own state that attempt to order using USPS. The option for Parcel Post is removed for same state orders and this order appears when trying to select Priority Mail.

I searched it and it appears to be a bug within USPS but states some code needs to be updated, I assume on 3D Carts end.

Just curious if anyone else has noticed this error and if there is a fix/fix coming.

I don't offer parcel post, but do 1st class and priority mail and am not seeing this problem did you try turning of parcel post completely. I know a month or so ago USPS changed a lot of their shipping names and that caused a bunch of problems, wonder if 3dcart somehow missed the parcel post one.

Another thought you might want to try deleting your USPS shipping methods and make new ones, I suppose it is possible your trying to pull a shipping service that had its name changed and for some reason your methods did not update properly. Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
      I am seeing an odd shipping error that reads:

"This mail service requires Ground Transportation Only."

This seems to happen with people in my own state that attempt to order using USPS. The option for Parcel Post is removed for same state orders and this order appears when trying to select Priority Mail.

I searched it and it appears to be a bug within USPS but states some code needs to be updated, I assume on 3D Carts end.

Just curious if anyone else has noticed this error and if there is a fix/fix coming.
      Hi, this was caused by a change USPS rolled out. It is something development is looking into and we plan to roll out an update soon. If you have an open ticket on the issue, I can try and keep direct communication with you in regards to the issue :)

Comment

same error

We have been seeing this error for awhile now and calling tech support they didn't really know what was going on or why...

My largest concern is if this is limiting people from being able to check out or if it is only seen on our end?
        Attached Files

Comment

I just posted about this. Am getting it as of a few days ago. None of the incomplete orders have addresses, so I can't see where they are going, but, one of the IP's was in Cali, and two of the IP's were in Texas.

Comment

I have a friend through here who usually offers Standard Post and decided to remove that as a shipping option until they did the update. If you are able to offer other options, it might be something to try so that your customers can at least place an order and avoid the shipping error.
            Renee Messmann
            Rusty Star Sign Co.
            http://www.RustyStarSignCo.com

Comment

Working...
            X