Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Place Product Review Form In Product Review Request Email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Place Product Review Form In Product Review Request Email?

Seems like it would be a good idea to simple place the Product Review Form right in the Product review request email? I bet we could get more reviews if customers did not have to work so hard to leave a review?

Originally posted by Epitaph View Post
    Seems like it would be a good idea to simple place the Product Review Form right in the Product review request email? I bet we could get more reviews if customers did not have to work so hard to leave a review?
    Hi! That is a very good idea. I have added it to my dev team's list of things to look into when we're planning out the next batch of updates. My only concern about a form in an email is how spam filters would respond to it.

Either way it's a great idea!

Comment

If running a form email is going to be hurt by spam filters, how about an auto populated page with a list of items and a review box next to each rather than being asked to go to each product 1 at a time and being forced to enter a captcha code over and over.

Considering that only people who purchase from you receive emails to review, I don't even see why a captcha code would be relevant.

I often get replies to my review emails along the lines of "I loved everything but Im not going to each page to add a review" or "The process to review is too tedious, but I was happy with the product".

Basically, I just love any idea that makes reviews a little less annoying on the customer end.

Comment

Maybe the email could be like the order confirmation email with a picture of the product and a "review this product form" under it or at least a link with a pop up form? I have no idea about spam filters, I just know there should be an easier way for customers to leave a review.

Comment

We also had customers confused about clicking Review this item once the link on the e-mail sent them to the product page.

As a work around we have re-designed the review page with a site menu and a header (to resemble the site) and we use it as a stand-alone page.
          The review link in the e-mail will go directly to the review page, instead of the product page, for that item and customers would just write the review.

Captcha is optional for reviews. You can turn it off in settings.

Here is the link to the review page directly:
          href="[store_url]/review.asp?action=newReview&catalogid=[catalogid]

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
            We also had customers confused about clicking Review this item once the link on the e-mail sent them to the product page.

As a work around we have re-designed the review page with a site menu and a header (to resemble the site) and we use it as a stand-alone page.
            The review link in the e-mail will go directly to the review page, instead of the product page, for that item and customers would just write the review.

Captcha is optional for reviews. You can turn it off in settings.

Here is the link to the review page directly:
            href="[store_url]/review.asp?action=newReview&catalogid=[catalogid]

That solution seems so obvious now that you post it, but it never even crossed my mind. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully this saves my customers some headache.

I just wonder if it will still work when the new template engine changes the way product reviews are handled on the Product Pages.

Comment

Just to save you some time.

the review page is product_review_new.html, and the size of the review popup is in the listing_x.html (there are two instances). You need to make this popup fit your redesign.

Comment

Try this.

In the request product review email or even on the listing template you can add some url parameters that pass some more information about the product that will definitely make your product_review_new.html have a much nicer look to it.

<a href="[store_url]/review.asp?action=newReview&catalogid=[catalogid]&image1=[image1]&image_medium_w=[image_medium_w]&price=[price]">Review This Item</a>

On product_review_new.html, with a little bit of javascript you can pull those parameters.

function getURLParameter(name) {
                return decodeURIComponent((new RegExp('[?|&]' + name + '=' + '([^&;]+?)(&|#|;|$)').exec(location.search)||[,""])[1].replace(/\+/g, '%20'))||null;
                }

and do some pretty cool stuff with it. Check out what I did here for an example.

Comment

Wow Kylem & elightbox

That is great thanks for sharing

Comment

Absolutely awesome. I can seem my review farming hitting a whole new level very soon!

Comment

@Epitaph @Toocutebeads - Thanks for the good feedback! Glad I could help

Comment

One question, Did you hard code your frame into the file in order to have the entire look and feel of the review page seamless?

Comment

Yes, definitely had to hard code the frame and dynamic elements that normally come with the frame (nav items, cart totals). So as you can imagine, you're going to have to remember to make changes to that product_review_new.html file to reflect any design changes to the frame in the future.

Comment

thanks for the help guys I have made my product review page much better!
                            I do have one question.
                            How do I edit the (required) product review form? I have watched a few people fill out the product review form on Lucy Orange and I noticed they get stuck on "Title" I would like to make it "not required"

Thanks
                            Ed

Comment

I would like to hire some one to set up the emails so they display properly ect. If anyone is interested or has a recommendation I would appreciate it.

Thanks
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X