Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal getting credit for conversions

Hi all,

I was hoping someone might have some insight on how I can stop Paypal from receiving credit for my transaction in Google Analytics.

The idea behind making this stop is to add a ?utm_nooverride=1 tag to your Paypal redirect page that leads back to your 3dcart step 4 thank you page. I'm a little worried about adding the code since 3dcart states in their integration guide to simply put my domain in, and the api will correctly move a customer back to their invoice.

Has anyone had this issue, or know a proper way around it. It's becoming a pain not to be able to accurately see my sales funnel when someone uses paypal.

Thank in advance.

Have you submitted a support ticket? I am having this issue and I need a solution as well.

Comment

I would love to know as well.
      Sue
      Fabric Garden
      fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

Is there a solution for this issue? My Google Analytics account was upgraded to Universal Analytics on June 5 and since then, I've seen hundreds of conversions being credited to Paypal Referrals rather than the original source.

I've read on a Google forum that I should add Paypal.com on the referral exclusion list in my GA account. Is this all that needs to be done to track conversions more accurately or does something need to be added to the tracking code on the checkout page?

Comment

Originally posted by JulieAndrus View Post
          Is there a solution for this issue? My Google Analytics account was upgraded to Universal Analytics on June 5 and since then, I've seen hundreds of conversions being credited to Paypal Referrals rather than the original source.

I've read on a Google forum that I should add Paypal.com on the referral exclusion list in my GA account. Is this all that needs to be done to track conversions more accurately or does something need to be added to the tracking code on the checkout page?
          Thats what I ended up doing. It helped, but paypal still sneaks in some credit for conversions.

Comment

Paypal and GA without Universal Analtyics

Hi all,

Do you know how to do it without using Universal Google Analytics? We had to go old school with the tracking code in our frame.html and the ecommece code in our checkout_4.html because the 3d cart plug in wasn't capturing all our sales. I only have the old (asynch) not new universal code.

So, I tried excluding paypal referrals with the

_gaq.push(['_addIgnoredRef', 'www.paypal.com']);

It seems to be working. But, 3d cart still sends duplicate transactions from previous days. Does anyone have this issue and is there code I can add to make sure it checks to see if that order id is already sent?

Comment

Working...
            X