Unencrypted Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unencrypted Connection

Every time I view my site from google I get this message.

Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party.

Are you sure you want to continue sending this information?

Do I need an SSL? This encryption stuff is all new to me.

Originally posted by JBPA_570 View Post
    Every time I view my site from google I get this message.

Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party.

Are you sure you want to continue sending this information?

Do I need an SSL? This encryption stuff is all new to me.
    Hi! Have you opened a support ticket about this? I went to the domain (overdrivek9.com) via a Google search by searching for "overdrivek9" and didn't get an error. Would love to have some details so the support team could look at it for you.

You can send me a message if you'd like.

Comment

The only time I get this message is when I'm logged into 3dcart store manager and then click view store. Does 3dcart already include an ssl or is this something that needs to be purchased separately?

Comment

The only time I get this message is when I'm logged into 3dcart store manager and then click view store.
        Is that your store that Michael posted? If so, your admin backend / store manager is most likely
        HTML Code:
        https://overdrivek9.3dcartstores.com/admin/admin-home.asp
        ...which is covered by 3D Cart's SSL

But your storefront is
        HTML Code:
        http://www.overdrivek9.com/
        Which has no SSL.

So in order for your visitors to checkout securely, you're moving them from your overdrivek9 domain to subdomain at 3dcartstores.

Ideally, you would have your own SSL so visitors can checkout on your domain without being bounced to a domain that has SSL.
        - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

The only time I get this message is when I'm logged into 3dcart store manager and then click view store. Does 3dcart already include an ssl or is this something that needs to be purchased separately?
          All stores have a shared SSL. It is completely secure. It simply has ".3dcartstores.com" in the URL. If you want I can open the ticket for you. I don't think there are any issues that would stop customers from using your store, but I'd want to be sure.

Comment

Working...
          X