Incorrect billing addresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect billing addresses

I am having an issue with billing addresses getting changed when a customer places an order.

We dropship so often times, the shipping address is different. What is happening is, the billing address is changing to the shipping address. I believe this is happening after a customer visits Paypal but have not confirmed.

The biggest issue is it is somehow bringing over the ship to customers email address so our actual customers email address is not in the system but THEIR customer. And their customer is now getting emails from us regarding order confirmation and tracking.

I have been unable to update the address in the order, it wont save. I click save and it reverts to the original email.

What is really weird is the correct email address is coming down into shipworks.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
    I am having an issue with billing addresses getting changed when a customer places an order.

We dropship so often times, the shipping address is different. What is happening is, the billing address is changing to the shipping address. I believe this is happening after a customer visits Paypal but have not confirmed.

The biggest issue is it is somehow bringing over the ship to customers email address so our actual customers email address is not in the system but THEIR customer. And their customer is now getting emails from us regarding order confirmation and tracking.

I have been unable to update the address in the order, it wont save. I click save and it reverts to the original email.

What is really weird is the correct email address is coming down into shipworks.

Any ideas what is going on here?
    I'm not quite sure I understand the issue you're describing. I'd definitely like to get it looked at. When it comes to PayPal Express, when the button is clicked the customer is redirected to PayPal to login. After that they're sent back to 3dcart with the customer data pre-filled with the info they have saved on the PayPal side. This includes address, email, phone #, etc. Thay can change this info on 3dcart prior to finalizing the order, but if they are not paying attention it is possible to send it with the info it brought over.

I'm not certain this is what's happening, but it seems so based on what you explained. Even still, if you have a ticket # on the issue I'll have it looked at ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dcart-Michael View Post
      I'm not quite sure I understand the issue you're describing. I'd definitely like to get it looked at. When it comes to PayPal Express, when the button is clicked the customer is redirected to PayPal to login. After that they're sent back to 3dcart with the customer data pre-filled with the info they have saved on the PayPal side. This includes address, email, phone #, etc. Thay can change this info on 3dcart prior to finalizing the order, but if they are not paying attention it is possible to send it with the info it brought over.

I'm not certain this is what's happening, but it seems so based on what you explained. Even still, if you have a ticket # on the issue I'll have it looked at ASAP.
      Yes, when they get back from Paypal, their customers information has been updated into the Billing side. They dont catch it and put the order through.

Comment

Working...
      X