Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with links on mobile devices - remove auto-detect Script?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with links on mobile devices - remove auto-detect Script?

Hello 3DCart users.

A customer notified me of a problem in Google search using a mobile device. When clicking on any links OTHER THAN the home page, a 404 from the main site is returned. Once on that page, on the main site, clicking any other link at all, returns more 404s, as if the entire site is bad.

mobile.jpg

Example:
    - customer searches, results come up
    - clicks any of the links circled
    - gets 404 page from full site (not mobile version)
    - If they click on any of the left nav links, more 404s are returned
    - If they click on the home page link, the mobile site is returned.

The 3dcart tech suggested that I remove the auto-detect script for mobile, however the 1 page checkout on the main site has issues. I am looking at going to a responsive template, preferably here, but the new template engine is not ready yet.

Any suggestions?

AM
    Last edited by Brtp4; 07-18-2014, 10:55 AM.

Just checked mine in responsive and worked fine. So I'm not sure where to start trouble shooting.

Your links from google search and sidebar links both came up for me as well using full site in mobile.
    Last edited by thecartdesigner; 07-18-2014, 02:39 PM.
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by 3dcartdesigns View Post
      Just checked mine in responsive and worked fine. So I'm not sure where to start trouble shooting.

Your links from google search and sidebar links both came up for me as well using full site in mobile.
      I don't have the responsive design yet. Probably should be discussing that with you!!

What device were you on?

BP

Comment

Windows Phone... Oddly enough that seems to work with everything..lol. Now I just stole the wife's phone (andriod) to look and I got the same result you specified as above. My site still works as intended in both situations and on android as well.

Honestly my first thought would be how someones phone is set. Whether to show as desktop or as mobile. My wife stole her phone back so you will have to try yourself. Set your web preferences in your mobile device to show web as mobile and try everything. Then go back in and set it as desktop and try again.

This is just an idea of the issue to start troubleshooting.
        TheCartDesigner.com
        Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
        100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Working...
        X