Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Importing // Font Problem??

Hi-

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar situation when importing/exporting product spreadsheets where certain accents or punctuation gets converted into some other symbol than what it is supposed to be.

For example, a quotation mark turned into this recently: �

It also happens with accented letters like this: sautÈing

Any thoughts or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mike

a lot of times this happens when you switch encoding formats. for example, if you are copying and pasting data from microsoft word to a csv sheet you're uploading, just because something looks like an apostrophe in the current program doesn't mean it will look like one when it hits your webserver.

I haven't figured out a good way to deal with it myself, and I deal with this daily at my current position. The writers in the company will deliver copy generally in word documents and just like what you are experiencing (especially around single and double quotes characters) i get the same issue. The best steps to take is to find a character thats giving you issues and do a find and replace on it prior to upload.

If anyone knows a better way, please do share.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Very frustrating indeed.

Originally posted by jleclair View Post
      a lot of times this happens when you switch encoding formats. for example, if you are copying and pasting data from microsoft word to a csv sheet you're uploading, just because something looks like an apostrophe in the current program doesn't mean it will look like one when it hits your webserver.

I haven't figured out a good way to deal with it myself, and I deal with this daily at my current position. The writers in the company will deliver copy generally in word documents and just like what you are experiencing (especially around single and double quotes characters) i get the same issue. The best steps to take is to find a character thats giving you issues and do a find and replace on it prior to upload.

If anyone knows a better way, please do share.

Comment

Working...
      X