Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zip Code length problem for International customers - AGAIN

I am getting to the end of my rope.

I have submitted tickets several times over the issue in the 3DC software to deal with international zip codes and paypal.

God only knows how many orders I have lost over the years.

Today's email from an irate customer -
    "I tried for the final time to order an item and once more the website rejected it with the statement the zip code is too long. I'm sorry to say I am not prepared to try again. It's not worth the effort. Better luck with other customers but I will not be returning"

Every time I submit a ticket I get "we will look into it" and nothing ever changes.

Anyone else having this recurring problem?

After 3 years of non-action I am seriously thinking about switching to Shopify. Their checkout process is smooth as glass.

Yes and I lost a sale yesterday into Norway because they couldn't get a shipping quote for the umpteenth time trying. Add to that an "add to cart error", but when I open the order, I see no errors, just that because of the zip/postal code.

Comment

BrigadeGames, can you give me an example of a postal code/country combination that does not work?

We ship to virtually every country in the World and I have yet to run into any problems with long postal codes, however we have only been using 3dCart for about 2 months now.

I would like to run some tests to see if I can replicate the problem on our site.

Comment

This has to do with using paypal express vs paypal pro (at least this is what I have it narrowed down to):

I have both on my checkout page as PP gave me a very good rate based on the volume of sales so they handle both credit cards and paypal.

So what happens is if they choose the pp express route, paypal tells you putting the yellow pay with paypal button will increase your conversions. I did it and it did. However, I believe that when an overseas customer (not all just some) shoos this method there is a mismatch between PP and 3DC that causes the zip code to fail. Some countries don;t have them. Other countries have them but they are shorter than in the US.

So my workaround is to tell everyone overseas, even if using paypal, to choose the pay with credit card button and then choose pay with paypal (whichs then uses paypal pro to checkout.) I have a note on my site to this effect but not everyone reads it.

One of the previous responses from 3DC was a way to work around it was to enter all the counties for all the countries. I finally did this yesterday for the UK knowing that was the largest list and they are my largest overseas % by country. It will be interesting to see if it makes a difference.

However, not hearing back for a year and not getting a resolution from 3DC is inexcusable. 3DC has said it was a PP problem nd they were working with them on a solution. If that was the case then every other commerce cart would have the issue which is not the case.

Originally posted by warrisr View Post
        BrigadeGames, can you give me an example of a postal code/country combination that does not work?

We ship to virtually every country in the World and I have yet to run into any problems with long postal codes, however we have only been using 3dCart for about 2 months now.

I would like to run some tests to see if I can replicate the problem on our site.

Comment

And monitor your not completed orders. You will probably see orders stuck if you are using pp express.

Comment

We only use PayPal Standard, which is probably why we have never run across this issue.

Comment

Working...
            X