New to 3dcart Migrating from Miva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to 3dcart Migrating from Miva

Just wanted to pop in and say hi, I'm new to 3dcart migrating from Miva. Working on two stores at once. 3dcart looks a little simpler to manage and a lot less costly.

I'll switch my domain over when I feel the second one is ready. I currently use shipworks to manage customers and orders. I'm now going into my 10th year selling online.

Today I have managed to change the facebook share button and transfer a custom 404. on the second store.

This bad link should get you to the 404
    http://gogglesandglasses-com.3dcarts...m/FAQ_ep_40.ht

The facebook share/like button I modified to display Today only - $price + Title and long description when posted to facebook. Click like or share to see, you can always cancel.

I really like the ease of the import/export and ftp features on 3dcart. It was pretty easy getting products and images into the database and back out.

I'm not faring well with the templates yet though.

Cheers!
    G
    Last edited by jimmy3dcart; 10-26-2018, 09:09 AM.
    www.gogglesandglasses.com

Welcome!! I'm cruising your site, been looking for polarized sunglasses for scalloping and fishing for my other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Toobusy View Post
      Welcome!! I'm cruising your site, been looking for polarized sunglasses for scalloping and fishing for my other half.
      I don't know if I should take that as you haven't found your other half yet, and glasses would help in that endeavor or you have a partner that needs glasses? <BG>

This is a nice one. The wrap style tends to prevent reflections from light to the rear. Great construction and quality materials in the lens and frame.

Checkout is not available yet, so hopefully this is not considered promotional.

search 29093

Which reminded me to transfer over all of my coupons. Done check.

I'll eventually play with the product page. I'd like to make it more compact (except images) and try to get more of it above the fold and create a buy box in the upper right.

Thanks for taking a look.. I'm always open to advice.

Comment

I managed to get live chat setup on the contact page.

https://gogglesandglasses-com.3dcart...tion=contactus

I first had to request credentials from support to enable the module which is include in my plan. I found a KB article here https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...ticle/View/345

I tried several hours to install it and finally realized I needed to alter the paths in the urls to include full paths. Took a bit of guesswork to get it working KB wasn't as clear as it could be.

Looking forward to modifying the chat available/unavailable image <G> And setting up canned responses. I've found the 3d support chat to really be likeable and I'm wondering if this can help us make more sales.

Comment

Load times old vs new

3dcart speed
          Website speed test

Optimized Miva
          Website speed test

Comment

That's interesting information. I didn't expect to see that

Comment

Originally posted by Goggles View Post
              Load times old vs new

3dcart speed
              Website speed test

Optimized Miva
              Website speed test
              Here's a comparison to my 3dCart store, with a fairly-optimized template and one of the higher level server plans:
              Website speed test

Comment

jquery.min.js
                ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/

is like having a CDN for .JS and since it's on another domain it's parallelized.

Slider is going on a diet.
                BG_body.jpg going on a diet
                Deal of the Day gone..

and it got slower
                Website speed test

What did you find interesting toobusy?

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
                  Here's a comparison to my 3dCart store, with a fairly-optimized template and one of the higher level server plans:
                  Website speed test
                  That is sweet! Which plan is that? Great site too.....I like the design! How did you decide on the search box placement?
                  Last edited by Goggles; 10-01-2014, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I actually thought that 3dc would've had a better performance grade than Miva, but I personally have seen some slow load times on my own site with two outages last week, one for 27 minutes, one for 38 where my site was just down. (Iwas going to open a ticket on that. I posted my times for them in another ticket and I needed to separate the two. Since I mentioned it, the site seems to be running better so I've had no issues and haven't opened a ticket on the speed.)

I ran the same speed test on my site, for giggles just now and was pleasantly surprised

HTML Code:
                    Speed Test

Comment

Originally posted by Goggles View Post
                      That is sweet! Which plan is that? Great site too.....I like the design! How did you decide on the search box placement?
                      Thanks! I use the Power Plan.
                      I don't recall how I chose that sport for the search. I think I converted a PSD template into HTML and just used that spot. :)

Comment

toobusy... looks good... upfront is only thing slow loading.

I wonder if all the css files could be compiled into one?

cbsteven my first inclination on a new site is to look for the search box in the upper right of the nav bar. The second place I look for it is in the Amazon position, slightly to the right of the middle. Left side always seems strange to me and I notice some of the stock templates I like are great but have lefty search.

Before optimizing Miva I started with about a 6 sec load time. At one point we used Maxx CDN when they had $35 per TB prepaid yr plans. Didn't notice an ROI so I dropped it.

Comment

Working...
                        X