Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One "Master" product...with a ton of options. Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One "Master" product...with a ton of options. Is it possible?

Hi all,

I have no idea if this is possible. Some of our categories are getting kind of cluttered, so I was hoping to have some sort of "master" product that is all-encompassing of the various options that you could possibly choose for a product type.

My hope is that would make it easier for the customer (but then again, who knows, it could end up making it more difficult?).

Example:

Let's say I sell T-Shirts. I have a category called "Awesome Blank T-Shirts".

Instead of having 4 different "products" in the category (in this example, materials):
    -Cotton
    -Polyester
    -Jersey
    -Organic

And each one with different sizes & colors available, I just want ONE product:

"Totally Awesome Blank T-Shirts"

Option 1: Choose Your Fabric
    Option 2: Choose Your Size
    Option 3: Choose Your Color (available colors may differ based on fabric)

I would like it to be an "if/then" type option.

IF you choose Cotton, THEN only the sizes/colors available for that item will be able to be chosen from subsequent "Choose Size / Choose Color" required option fields.

IF you choose Polyester, THEN only the sizes/colors available for that item will be able to be chosen from subsequent "Choose Size / Choose Color" required option fields.

----------------------------------------

Is there a way to do this in 3D Cart? Is there a code or something that could be added? Is there an app that handles these types of "complex" products with multiple If/Then option scenarios?

Thanks in advance,
    James

I can't find it right now, but I swear there was a conditional options app in the 3d app store. It was pretty expensive @ $600 IIRC.

DaveW

Comment

sent you a pm. been down this road before.

Comment

@ DaveW, thank you for that! I'll take a look...if it's what I'm looking for, I hope they're running a sale on the app or something!

@ jleclair: I just replied to your PM, let me know what you think.

Thanks guys!
        -James

Comment

Working...
        X