Display option prices on Category page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display option prices on Category page

Hi, I have products that have multiple sizes which results in differing prices. What I did was set the product price to $0.00 and then for each option, set the price. However, on the category page, it doesn't show any price because my base price for the product is 0. Has anyone displayed prices on their category page that took into account product options?

For an example of this: https://thefarmbertuccios.3dcartstor...ed-fruits.html and click on the Chocolate Covered Apricots product.

Thanks!
    Joanne Barker
    VS Web Design
    [email protected]

advanced options have the ability to adjust the price by each option. have you tried using that? set the base price to the lowest cost and mark up from there

Comment

Yup...I use the advanced options. But I believe the Category pages use the base price, not any of the Options pricing. The reason I set the base price to 0 and put the actual price in the options was that I hated the [+$4.99] type notation. I just want to make it perfectly clear to the customers what the prices are...not to make them do math. :-)
      Last edited by vswebdesign; 09-26-2012, 07:34 PM.
      Joanne Barker
      VS Web Design
      [email protected]

Comment

vswebdesign, by looking at
        https://thefarmbertuccios.3dcartstor...-apricots.html
        it appears that you were able to overcome this problem. Looks good!

Can you share anything about (a) how you got the price in the product listing to update when a new option is selected, and (b) how you removed the brackets from around the option price? Thanks!
        - Chuck

PoshPineappleNSB.com

Comment

Looks like he too jleclair's advice and used a base price, then went and hid the option price in his template.
          Michael

JES Restaurant Equipment

Comment

if you only have one price that is making the adjustment from the base, the page will do that on its own. it's when you get into more complicated pricing structures that 3dcart falls a bit short.

Contact me if you need any help, I've scripted these changes in for quite a few people now.

my email direct is [email protected] I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Comment

Nice site design, please PM me with the company that designed it.
              Last edited by cart2cart; 01-24-2014, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X