Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up Salespeople / Salesperson

Hi all,

Do any of you use salespeople within 3D Cart (assigning a customer to a specific salesperson)? If so, how do you go about it? I'm not seeing a way to actually add salespeople within 3D Cart and linking him or her to a specific customer.

I tried searching for this answer, and found an old forum post from 2012 regarding this issue. Looks like there was some discussion on various workarounds (such as using the Affiliate program within 3D Cart, and making salespeople an "affiliate"), but then I see that it's difficult or impossible to pull reports if it's a phone order?

Wasn't sure if anyone knew if this has been updated in the 2 years since that forum post took place.

Here's the link to the 2012 forum post:
    http://forums.3dcart.com/new-feature...lesperson.html

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank in advance!
    -James

Hello James,
    I was wondering if you ever found a way to do this?
    We use salespeople and it would make life easier.

The link from the 2012 post doesn't seem to be working anymore.
    Thanks in advance
    Yvonne

Comment

Hi Yvonne,

No, we never did figure out a decent way to accomplishing this, and to my knowledge 3D Cart has not issued any sort of update or feature that would assist with establishing salespeople.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Not sure why the link isn't working anymore (3D Cart did change over their forum this year...maybe last year?) and it's possible that the links did not transfer.

If I recall, the link that I had posted to back in 2014 mentioned something about creating an affiliate link for each salesperson, and that would also help track "who-sold-which-orders". While it sounded like a possibility, it just seemed like too much trouble for us. We still haven't implemented commissions or true salespeople yet because of the lack of a real salesperson feature...luckily we're doing just fine, though :)

-James

Comment

Hi James
        Thanks for the reply.
        I was rather hoping there would be a way to do this as we do have sales agents and pay commissions so would have made life easier.
        If I find a way I will post it here although I'm sure if there is a way you will find it before me :confused:
        Glad things are going well for you
        Yvonne

Comment

I have been thinking about this,
          you could create a customer group with the name of the sales person/agent
          you could then assign that agent customers to that group
          On the reports there is one for customer groups with a date range which would give you all sales completed for month/week or your preference dates for that group
          I think this would work

Comment

Working...
          X