USPS shipment tracking issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USPS shipment tracking issue

Just found out from a friend of mine that the USPS shipment tracking info on 3dcart is showing the ship-to address as the location of the package. Her ship-to address is in NC. USPS.com shows the package in PA which is probably correct.

I've opened a ticket. More sloppy coding. :-(
    Susan's Green Marketplace
    Natural, Organic and Eco-Friendly Products
    http://www.susansgreenmarketplace.com

My sites are not doing that. If you've edited usps_tracking.html, I'd suggest you rename it to usps_tracking_backup.html in your theme folder and let 3dcart default to the file in the common folder. Typically this file isn't part of a theme so if it hasn't been edited, in theory, we should be using the same code. Otherwise, I'm not sure why we're seeing different results.

On a side note, which is probably more important, your categories are not populating your mobile menu so when viewed from a mobile phone, users can't see them.

Comment

I've not edited anything and the tracking was working correctly.

Regarding the categories in the mobile menu - it has never been there. You have to scroll down to the category index.

Just FYI. 24 hours later and I've gotten no response from support on the tracking issue other than the automated email.
      Susan's Green Marketplace
      Natural, Organic and Eco-Friendly Products
      http://www.susansgreenmarketplace.com

Comment

Susan, you are correct - USPS tracking is not working now if you click on the ? (question mark) within the online store manager to get to usps tracking html page. To see the error you need to click on a tracking number from a recent shipment that has not been delivered yet - a shipment just shipped. You'll then notice that just under the USPS upper logo - it states the ship to address - all of our currently shipped orders shipped via USPS show Cleveland OH which is the USPS hub - so yes the USPS tracking does not work right now. UPS is fine. I just checked out the coding for both USPS and UPS in the templates and both look fine. My guess is that the USPS changed something and now 3dcart has to figure out what? I've also sent in a ticket to alert them to this. In the meantime, I'm adding wording to usps_tracking.html template stating that tracking is simply showing current package location and not final destination. Susan hope this makes sense. If I click on USPS shipments that have been delivered then the USPS tracking shows final destination as correct, but any shipments in process are all incorrect and we ship about 20 USPS shipments per day. Many more UPS and UPS is fine.
        Last edited by best-honey; 11-16-2014, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Susan - I have a reply and working with them now. My bet is USPS tweaked something.

Comment

Susan,

I heard back from 3dcart and exactly what I thought - ship to address for USPS updates as package moves through their system. I placed info on that tracking page for our customers: here's an example: https://www.ebeehoney.com/shiptracki...99000471804520

Comment

Originally posted by best-honey View Post
              Susan,

I heard back from 3dcart and exactly what I thought - ship to address for USPS updates as package moves through their system. I placed info on that tracking page for our customers: here's an example: https://www.ebeehoney.com/shiptracki...99000471804520
              Thanks best-honey for confirming this.....been driving me nuts for months. To eliminate the confusion I just changed the words from Ship-To Address to Current Package Location in the usps_tracking.html template

<!--START: shipto_address-->
              <tr>
              <td class="item" vAlign="top" width="37%" >

<strong>Current Package Location </strong> </td></tr>
              <tr><td class="item" bgColor="#ffffff" width="58%">[shipto_address]</td>
              </tr>
              <!--END: shipto_address-->

Comment

Working...
              X