Encourage Product Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encourage Product Reviews

I would like recommendations to encourage product reviews on our site. We have modified the review email to link to the review page for each item rather that the product details page.

Has anyone come up with a way to reward customers for writing reviews? Either with a store credit or additional rewards points?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

We gave a coupon for a while, it ended up being the same people doing reviews and getting coupons. Did not affect the general population of customers.

Re-designing the e-mail with big clear buttons, and sending directly to a review page instead of the product page helped quite a bit.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. We are redesigning the email. I suspected giving a coupon would yield what you had experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
        We gave a coupon for a while, it ended up being the same people doing reviews and getting coupons. Did not affect the general population of customers.

Re-designing the e-mail with big clear buttons, and sending directly to a review page instead of the product page helped quite a bit.
        Can you please clarify "sending directly to a review page instead of the product page"? I have never liked the hoops that a customer has to jump through to review a product. Our email template for reviews is comical, with a picture of how to do so (the picture is a screen shot that shows the "review item" button on the product so the customer knows where to look for it). It's no wonder reviews are few and far between...

Thanks in advance, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
        -James

Comment

In our review email, we encourage the customer to review and as a reward they are entered in to a quarterly drawing for a gift certificate to our store. That has really helped encourage reviews which pay for that gift card quickly by increased sales.

Comment

Working...
          X