FTP file size limits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP file size limits?

I use zip folders to deliver some of my e-products due to their size and numbers. I was wondering if there is a limit on the size it can be when uploading through the FTP?

I know when I have uploaded some larger files in the past they have not loaded due to size but that was using the file manager.

Also is there a way to stop the FTP connection from disconnecting after about 1 minute? Is there maybe a setting that I can change? I can reconnect right away and it doesn't seem to mess with anything I'm uploading but it's a PITA to have to reconnect constantly.

TIA
    Felicia

What ftp client are you using?

Filezilla, CoreFTP, etc?

If you use Filezilla and you are having issues this may be the cause:

Thank you for contacting 3dcart technical support. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We have recently been made aware of an issue with merchants with stores on certain servers uploading files to FTP using the Filezilla client. The issue is due to a configuration that the Filezilla developers have decided to not yet address. Until they address that issue, we recommend you use Core FTP to handle your FTP needs.
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Yes I do use Filezilla, well that explains that. Thank you! Guess I'll just deal with that for the time being.

Comment

Or, you could use Amazon S3 to store and deliver your large files securely.
        - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Does anyone know if there is a size limit the zip folder can be? I can deal with the FTP timing out on me since it still loaded the files, not a big problem, but I need to upload some large zip folders and I'm afraid to do it. LOL
          Last edited by PrintablPerfection; 12-21-2014, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintablPerfection View Post
            Does anyone know if there is a size limit the zip folder can be? I can deal with the FTP timing out on me since it still loaded the files, not a big problem, but I need to upload some large zip folders and I'm afraid to do it. LOL
            I have uploaded zip archives of about 1.5Gb in size successfully.

Comment

Working...
            X