Dodgy "Make an Offer" Feature PLUS Welcome Prostores Refugee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgy "Make an Offer" Feature PLUS Welcome Prostores Refugee

Hi I just moved to 3DCart. I'm a Prostores refugee (some may recognize the handle).

I have a new store, watchvaultnyc.com, and it looks like the "best offer" feature applies itself sporadically. Sometimes a listing will have a best offer on the webpage, sometimes it will not - even though the option is clicked. Anyone else have this problem?

Any chance you have two different listing templates selected? I took a quick peek at the source for one product with and without the make an offer button and one has the make an offer section of the code blank while the other has code. You can check in the Advanced tab of the product information.

Comment

I basically used "duplicate" to create the listing from another listing that had it "make an offer" work.

I am trying to "copy" instead, and it seems to be working. Will need to re-do all of them :(

--

edit:
      worked for 2, then did not work for the 3rd "copy" what gives?
      Last edited by broudie; 01-26-2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Before you redo all of them go to the Advanced tab and make sure "Enable "Make an Offer" Feature" is checked on the individual product level. You might be able to do it with an upload for all of your products if it is the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ProRetail View Post
          Before you redo all of them go to the Advanced tab and make sure "Enable "Make an Offer" Feature" is checked on the individual product level. You might be able to do it with an upload for all of your products if it is the issue.
          All of them have "make an offer" at the product level on the "Advanced" tab

Comment

I think I found the reason. If my product cost is somewhere about $2500, the "make an offer" link does not show up. Blanking out product cost is the temporary solution (until bug is fixed)

I can imagine not many products cross this threshold so it may have never been tested for

Comment

Darn. Have you cleared the cache in your browser and site cache, (Settings > General > Store Settings "Clear Cache" at the very bottom)?

Comment

I think I found the reason. If my product cost is somewhere about $2500, the "make an offer" link does not show up. Blanking out product cost is the temporary solution (until bug is fixed)
                Oh, that's weird. You've sent in a help ticket with the issue, right?

Comment

Couple simple checks for the items that do not show the "make and offer"

1. Does the item show stock. If not. Add 1 or 2 to the stock to see if it then shows the make and offer.

2. In reference to your (bug thought). Have you changed the value of an item "not showing" make an offer, to below 2500 to see if it shows after the change?

3. What is your inventory setting type? (Show as Out of Stock, Allow Backorder, etc.)

Shaun
                  TheCartDesigner.com
                  Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
                  100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Your inventory/stock settings seem to be the culprit as I had suspected. If you do not have stock in an item the "Make an Offer" will not show for that item.

You could add stock for an item but put a "Special Order" note on each that needs it. Then you will have "Make an Offer" show.

Hope This Helps

Shaun
                    TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by thecartdesigner View Post
                      Your inventory/stock settings seem to be the culprit as I had suspected. If you do not have stock in an item the "Make an Offer" will not show for that item.

You could add stock for an item but put a "Special Order" note on each that needs it. Then you will have "Make an Offer" show.

Hope This Helps

Shaun
                      It's not an inventory issue. Have 1 of the item. cost above 2500, click save "make an offer" does not show up.

Then make 1 change, cost below 2500 (or better yet remove cost info), click save "make an offer" does not show up.

Out of stock behaviour is either waitlist or back-order

Comment

Interesting... I have to work on some orders, but if I get a chance I will try the process again late tonight. Have you received any word from 3dcart support in regards?
                        TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

I still have to place the ticket, but thanks for the reminder

Comment

Working...
                          X