3dcart Forum Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dcart Forum Crash

Forum crashed last night around 9:30pm - 10pm and it appears they have lost a lot of yesterdays posts: I know there were a few that I was involved in helping with so please re-post and I will try resubmit answers tonight.
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

On the forum for the first time today and knew I made a post or two yesterday that were not there today. I thought maybe they were edited or removed for some reason. Thanks for letting me know I hadn't lost my mind after all

Comment

Ah, I thought I was crazy...

Comment

Well I finally found my way back over here, seems there's new forum format and my old bookmark wasn't getting me there without an error message and support had no idea why the forum wasn't accessible. Not sure I like the new layout, although it is a VBulletin forum and I usually like those, it's just different.

Comment

My main complaint about the new forums is that there does not appear to be a quick way to see the latest posts. Before I would just visit this link:
          HTML Code:
          forums.3dcart.com/search.php?do=getnew
          and it would show everything that was newly posted since my last visit. If anyone can find an equivalent for the new one please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
            My main complaint about the new forums is that there does not appear to be a quick way to see the latest posts. Before I would just visit this link:
            HTML Code:
            forums.3dcart.com/search.php?do=getnew
            and it would show everything that was newly posted since my last visit. If anyone can find an equivalent for the new one please let me know.
            As you can see, the Forums are getting some long needed upgrades. The old "New Posts" search has been replaced with a "Latest Activity" button at the top of each area.

http://i.imgbox.com/1yZ8WHwI.png
            Last edited by 3dcart-Michael; 02-18-2015, 01:57 PM.

Comment

All I get when trying to view PM's is
              Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Anyone else?
              TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

No I can see my PM's, but I get that when I'm trying to view the 6.5 version release notes. I'm not authorized. And where it says submit a ticket, it's make a post, you don't get the same ability to submit a ticket from that link on this forum. Going to take some getting used to and I'm remembering in my mind how I used to giggle at my grandparents for letting the clock flash on the VCR instead of figuring out how to reset the time...I'm feeling the same way. I just cringe about change in my "old" age.

Comment

Hi all!

Thanks for reporting these issues. Please keep 'em coming!
                  We skipped a few versions to get to this upgrade so we're still navigating through changes in the forum software since then. (and there's been a lot of them!)

We're working to re-enable the old "submit a ticket" action from before. In the mean time, the support portal is still available at support.3dcart.com for the same purpose.

As for the "You're not authorized" message. I've noticed that this new version has a fairly short-lived auto-logout function (although I still haven't found the admin setting to control it) where you get logged out seemingly after only a few minutes. Perhaps you're unknowingly getting logged out? I don't know for certain if that may be what's affecting you both, but there's a "Remember Me" checkbox in the login prompt that might help with this. (see image)

Just to be safe, I'm going to look at the permissions for both thecartdesigner and toobusy to see if anything got toggled off during the upgrade. If you keep seeing that unauthorized message, please let us know in this thread.

Same goes for all other users! Please let us know in this thread if there are any other issues you find and we'll do our best to correct them!

Thanks again!

-H

Comment

I'm still logged in, ticked the remember me, but on occasion I get the not authorized to view this page. No real rhyme or reason to it. On the PM system it has a fewer amount of sent/saved/sent messages it allows before you have to delete some to be able to send a PM to someone. Takes some time to tweak a new forum

Comment

Still getting not authorized for multiple areas. Still can't get PM's either.
                      TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Shaun these forums, well, let's just say they still have some bugs to work out. When you look at the post count, that's not accurate, when you mark the channel "read", it doesn't mark it read, the old forums, IMHO, were MUCH better. Have you submitted a support ticket for not being able to get to your PM's? And I'm still getting not authorized to view sporadically, with no real rhyme or reason also.

Comment

Hi gang!

Ok, I think I might have spotted the "Not authorized" thing. Is this what you're referring to? (see image)

https://images.3dcartstores.com/forumAuth.png

There are certain areas of the forum where posting new topics is not allowed. For example the Announcements section. You can reply to threads posted in these areas, but not create new threads/topics, (or whatever the heck vBulletin calls them now... :))

Anyway, if one were to access an area of the forum where posting was not allowed; on the old version the posting area just wouldn't display.
                          On this version it doesn't display and then tries to rub your face in the fact by telling you you're not authorized to post...

So, if you see this "not authorized" message, it's just because the thread posting section is simply unavailable. I'll see if we can hide it somehow without affecting other areas.
                          From what I can tell, you can still read, post replies, and subscribe to topics.

Now, if you're getting a different "Not authorized" than the one pictured - for example one where you're locked out altogether, please let me know here and I'll investigate.

As for the PMs, thecartdesigner I've looked at your permission settings and they seem to be set to allow PMs just as everyone else. If it's not too much trouble, could you send me some more details about what you're seeing, where, when, etc? Obviously PMing me is out of the question so feel free to email me directly - [email protected]

Thanks all!

HS
                          Last edited by 3dcart-Henry; 02-20-2015, 04:57 PM.

Comment

The "Latest Activity" link when I first come to this forum is not working properly. When I first come to the forum and click Latest Activity, lots of the dates on the side say "Today xxxx", however if I refresh the page, it shows the actual date of the posts "Yesterday xxxx". There might be a cache issue or some other setting.

Comment

I'm unable to subscribe to forums. I get a pop-up: "Error: Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page".

Comment

Working...
                              X