comments about Release Notes - 4.10.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comments about Release Notes - 4.10.1

Awesome update with many needed and much asked for improvements.

One new undocumented side benefit is that hidden items now show up in the quick search drop down box on the admin side. Yay!

Pressing enter on quick search on store front still does not submit the form.

Also this update broke my quick cart on my product pages... you can access the quick cart from any other page, but not product pages.

Even pasting "?lt_c=1&quickcart=1" to the end of the URL of a product does not work. I am having a hell of a time explaining this in the support chat, they dont seem to understand. He sent me a link to a KB article about how to turn on quick cart! Its really maddening!

I assume it has something to do with this:
    -------------
    1012-b015 Frontend - Quick Cart
    When using the Quick Cart feature, the product page would open within the pop-up modal. Added 'target="_parent"' to fix.
    -------------

Comment

Originally posted by NMTEACO View Post
      Pressing enter on quick search on store front still does not submit the form.

Also this update broke my quick cart on my product pages... you can access the quick cart from any other page, but not product pages.
      -------------
      Hi David,

The ENTER change is specific to the quick search in the admin panel.

Regarding QuickCart, the change was applied to the default template in the common folder, I can see you're using a custom template for the quickcart, so that update wouldn't affect that. I'll follow up with the support team regarding the ticket you opened.

Jimmy

Comment

Hi jimmy... I sent you an email.

But something must have changed site wide...

The quick-cart comes up with any of these URL's:
        "http://www.nmteaco.com/?lt_c=1&quickcart=1"
        "http://www.nmteaco.com/aboutus.html?lt_c=1&quickcart=1"
        "http://www.nmteaco.com/greentea.html?lt_c=1&quickcart=1"

But as soon as you go to a product page it does not work, the "?lt_c=1&quickcart=1" just drops off the URL. This behavior is new.

I JUST FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!! (not the solution, just to be clear)

Quickcart will work with static URLS... which is why its working on all my other URLS, even in product pages with static URLS it works...

"http://www.nmteaco.com/Forlife_Stump_Teapot.html?lt_c=1&quickcart=1" - WORKS

"http://www.nmteaco.com/Jasmine-Moli_p_168.html?lt_c=1&quickcart=1" - DOES NOT WORK
        Last edited by NMTEACO; 10-03-2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Jimmy,

I was wondering about this...

Originally posted by jimmy3dcart View Post
          Hi David,
          ...the change was applied to the default template in the common folder, I can see you're using a custom template for the quickcart, so that update wouldn't affect that.
          I, too, have quite a few custom templates. Is there a list of 4.10.1 changes which will require manual updates to my custom templates?

Thanks for posting the release notes so quickly!!!!! That is SOOOO helpful.

--mimib

Comment

That's a really good question mimib.

It would be extremely helpful if the change lists included a note stating whether those with custom templates (I'm assuming that's the majority of customers?) need to make changes manually.
            Chris
            TC Life Safety
            TC Wireless

Comment

Originally posted by mimib View Post
              Jimmy,
              I, too, have quite a few custom templates. Is there a list of 4.10.1 changes which will require manual updates to my custom templates?

Thanks for posting the release notes so quickly!!!!! That is SOOOO helpful.

--mimib
              Same here. We've tried to look at each page with an updated date but it's a pain.

Comment

Updating customized templates

Just wanted to bump this since Jimmy hasn't responded yet.

Is there a way to find out what changes I need to make to my customized templates? I can see from the dates of files in the Common folder which files have been updated, but I don't know what changes have been made. Comparing line by line isn't really an option because my customization usually entails moving sections from one part of the page to another.

The checkout-singlepage.html was so different than my version that I ended up throwing mine out and starting fresh -- but many pages aren't that obviously different.

Is there a list of changes you could direct us to?

Comment

Working...
                X