Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Loss in Sales

We're seeing a HUGE loss in sales!

Bounce rate has improved since going live with 3DCart, as well as page views and total visits.

We're noticing a large number of abandoned carts at step 4.

One of these customers called in and told us she received an error when clicking, "Checkout." Specifically, she got "This content cannot be displayed in a frame." She was using IE.

Answer : IE8 Error Message - This content cannot be displayed in a frame

This makes it seem like the error is not with IE, but with the coding on our website. This is using the default checkout page.

Has anyone had this issue?

Do you use a custom checkout4 template?

If you do, try restoring the original 3dcart template and see what happens. We do not seem to have problems with IE.

We see a lot of abandoned carts, but very few once they get to checkout4. We have about an 80% conversion rate on checkout4

Comment

I'm not a great coder, actually I'm terrible, but I think one of the DOCTYPES doesn't work with frames. Maybe that's the issue?

HTML doctype declaration

Comment

Hello,

I have never seen this. Do you want to share any more info? Such as...

1. Is your old site still accessible (via an ip or subdomain)?
        2. What is your current site?
        3. Is it a traffic issue or conversion issue? (ie. is your site traffic down or conversion rate down)
        4. Isolate where the problem is happening... ie, where is your traffic down, from what source?

PM if you like. Just thought I would offer my help. I am not here much but I do enjoy helping fellow entrepreneurs!

Thanks!

Rob

Originally posted by CPR Savers View Post
        We're seeing a HUGE loss in sales!

Bounce rate has improved since going live with 3DCart, as well as page views and total visits.

We're noticing a large number of abandoned carts at step 4.

One of these customers called in and told us she received an error when clicking, "Checkout." Specifically, she got "This content cannot be displayed in a frame." She was using IE.

Answer : IE8 Error Message - This content cannot be displayed in a frame

This makes it seem like the error is not with IE, but with the coding on our website. This is using the default checkout page.

Has anyone had this issue?

Comment

Thanks all for the replies.

We found that out what our issue was:
          For some reason, our server wasn't compatible with our payment processor, so before we got one that worked, we were just using the standard PayPal checkout.

We could not replicate any errors on our end, but we did notice that PayPal asks you to log in and hides the "checkout without a PayPal account" underneath.

Since getting migrated and our processor online, we're seeing zero step 4 abandons. I can only assume it had something to do with that.

Comment

Working...
          X