Using international checkout, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using international checkout, but...

So I deleted all countries except USA and all international shipping now goes through "international checkout".
    So I deleted all countries except USA.
    But, now international folks can't register because their country is not listed.
    (Must register to purchase)

How do do get around this?

I've never looked at International Checkout so I don't know its requirements, but I assume you are going to need those countries in there to allow registration.

Comment

Basically IC adds a checkout button "International Checkout" to the checkout page.
      When International customers checkout they hit THAT button, which forwards the order to the IC web site and they complete the order from there.
      Then I ship the order to IC and they ship it to the customer.

Therefor I no longer do International orders, only domestic.
      Therefor I do not have the countries on my site.
      If I add the countries, International folks can order stuff directly through my site, which I don't want.

So I can't add the countries....but then this guy from Brazil can not do my (required) registration.

Comment

Originally posted by Muldrick82 View Post
        Basically IC adds a checkout button "International Checkout" to the checkout page.

If I add the countries, International folks can order stuff directly through my site, which I don't want.

I don't see why that is. You can restrict shipping methods to only work for specific countries. Just restrict all of your built in methods to the USA.

Comment

Hmmm, just went in and added all the countries.
          Then deleted my International shipping option (in Methods).
          In my shipping methods I have:

Country/State: US - ALL Exclude List

So it says US only.

When I go to my registration page there is no option for other countries. USA only

Comment

Never mind. took a while for the site update.
            It is showing all countries now.
            Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X