X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraud Alert

Fraud Watch!
    So, just how do you sign up for this?
    Another un-documented "feature" of 3dcart!
    I was willling to sign up, but, can't for the life of me find out how!
    :rolleyes:

Mark-

We signed up from one of our paid orders (still trying it out; don't have a firm opinion yet).

Anyhow, once your 10 free ones are used up, go to any paid order. There is a details drop down box, and the link was in there.
    Keith

Comment

Thanks, I don't think I would have found it otherwise. Never thought to look at orders that didn't get the free checks.

Comment

I like MaxMind
        as a Fraud Detection service. You can sign up for a free trial with 1000 transaction checks, and use their web form to input the information for an order and get a fraud score back.

Advantages
        Cheap, nearly free
        They've been doing this for years and have a lot of experience adjusting their fraud score calculations
        Will integrate with Stone Edge Order Manager so a score pops up on every order

Disadvantages
        Doesn't integrate to your 3DCart back end, so it requires a lot more effort to check an individual order

Comment

I love Maxmind, and since starting to use it, I don't know how I ran my business without it (used with Stone Edge).
          One more issue with Maxmind, is that it needs the first four digits of the card number (bank code) to calculate a correct score. 3dcart does not provide this number.

Comment

Working...
          X