Emails to customer into junk/spam folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emails to customer into junk/spam folder

A lot of my customers are complaining that they are not receiving my emails. Order confirmation, order ship, etc. It seems a lot of them are going straight to their junk/spam folder.

Is there anything I can do to keep that from happening?

Do you tell customers to check their junk folder? If so, what verbage do you use to get the message across, and where do you put it on your website?

Thanks.

Sunshine Daydream Hippie Shop
    www.sunshinedaydream.biz

The Mandril SMTP integration is free for a certain number of emails per month (its pretty damn high, i forget the # but like 25000 I think?) and has great payment options for higher than those amounts. It essentially delivers "transaction" emails for you and allows you to track them at the same time. Its speedy and pretty much gets you 99.9% not-spam emails.

Transactional Email from MailChimp - Mandrill

https://support.3dcart.com/3dcart/Kn...-with-mandrill

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineDaydream View Post
      A lot of my customers are complaining that they are not receiving my emails. Order confirmation, order ship, etc. It seems a lot of them are going straight to their junk/spam folder.

Is there anything I can do to keep that from happening?

Do you tell customers to check their junk folder? If so, what verbage do you use to get the message across, and where do you put it on your website?

Thanks.
      This is because 3dcart is sending emails on behalf of your domain name.

Comment

I just finally set Mandril up and it took one minute flat. Works great. We also use Stone Edge Order Manager, and I was also able to set Mandril up there too.

One this which I just noticed, is that the e-mails from 3dcart do not have a "From Name". They do have the "From e-mail address" only. Is there any way to add a "From Name" Like
        Flying Kites Customer Service <[email protected]> ?

I just called support and he told me it is impossible with 3dcart transactional e-mails!

Comment

An answer to my own question.

You can put this in the "From" field in e-mail settings, however 3dcart will remove the spaces!
          Flying Kites Customer Service <[email protected]>

will end up being FlyingKitesCustomerService<[email protected] com> . Using html for "space" would not work. I ended up using under_scores. Not optimal, but it works.

Comment

Did you have to do that for each of your emails or is there a global setting somewhere?
            Joanne Barker
            VS Web Design
            [email protected]

Comment

You have to do it for each template you use.

Also, I found out another problem, and it is kind of a big one.

When e-mails are sent through Mandrill, 3dcart does not remove the Tags in the Text e-mails. So you end up with text e-mails full of tags like you see below, which is horrible. Support says Live with It, or remove the tags, which would mean the variables would not get filled in.:
              Pass: ******<!--END: pass-->

<!--START: checkoutquestions_block-->Checkout Questions
              <!--START: checkoutquestions1-->
              <!--START: question1-->
              ✔ : I have verified My Address For accuracy.: YES
              <!--END: question1-->
              <!--END: checkoutquestions1-->
              <!--END: checkoutquestions_block-->
              Here is the reply from support:
              Unfortunately, when the email is sent through our system, the HTML tags do not show and are removed from the email. The problem is occurring because you're using this template through the Mandrill SMTP servers. This does not remove the comment tags before the email is sent. You would need to either remove the comment tags, or use the HTML version instead.

Comment

Working...
              X