3Dcart Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3Dcart Servers

Does anyone know how to tell which server they are on? I know that some of the 3Dcart servers are "better", "more reliable", "faster", etc. than others. I have been having problems with the server I am on with loading time and excessive downtime.

I do have an open support ticket on it, but this question has not been answered. I often find that this forum is much more helpful and informative than a lot of the tech support.

Sunshine Daydream Hippie Shop
    www.sunshinedaydream.biz

I wish I knew. I can't even get into my admin section and checkout takes over 30 seconds to complete. I've had to put tickets in the last 2 days for this.
    Chris
    TC Life Safety
    TC Wireless

Comment

Ours has been very bad the last two days. Slow page-load times, admin area is slow, and emails have been timing out throughout the day.

I see we're now up to 4.10.3 so I wonder if that has something to do with it?

Comment

It's ridiculous today. Page load times of 20 seconds or more. Submitting a ticket now.

Comment

Did you hear anything back?

It's been 19hrs since I opened my ticked and only got a note saying they would have the admins look into it.

Originally posted by PolarRay View Post
          It's ridiculous today. Page load times of 20 seconds or more. Submitting a ticket now.

Comment

Speed is better and I'm back on 4.10.2 so I'll guess they found the bug in the latest upgrade.

Comment

FYI: We are on 4.10.3 with no speed issues.

Comment

What plan are you on? We're on Duo Dedicated and page loads are under 2 seconds. We're on 4.10.3.

Comment

Originally posted by wcsjohn View Post
                  What plan are you on? We're on Duo Dedicated and page loads are under 2 seconds. We're on 4.10.3.
                  Right - like wcsjohn said, your performance is going to depend on what type of server setup you have - and that's dictated by your plan. So be sure to mention what setup you're on when you ask about performance, otherwise it's apples and oranges.
                  - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

We're on the professional plan. It's not a dedicated server, but that still doesn't excuse the downtime. They did move me to a different server (so I was told) and things seem to be running smooth with no downtime issues yet.

Sunshine Daydream Hippie Shop
                    www.sunshinedaydream.biz

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineDaydream View Post
                      We're on the professional plan. It's not a dedicated server, but that still doesn't excuse the downtime. They did move me to a different server (so I was told) and things seem to be running smooth with no downtime issues yet.
                      Hardware issue here as well - faulty memory module on the server (which should've been picked up by SOMETHING before I lost however much business due to load times in the 15-20 second range for 3 days, but that's another conversation).

Once they figured it out the site went down for about 5 minutes to install the new memory and was back up, no problems since.
                      Chris
                      TC Life Safety
                      TC Wireless

Comment

Originally posted by tclifesafety View Post
                        Hardware issue here as well - faulty memory module on the server (which should've been picked up by SOMETHING before I lost however much business due to load times in the 15-20 second range for 3 days, but that's another conversation).

Once they figured it out the site went down for about 5 minutes to install the new memory and was back up, no problems since.
                        While it should have been picked up, invest in a $5/month uptime and pageload monitor so that you'll know immediately. As you said, the fix was 5 mins. If you could have told them about the problem, you wouldn't have experienced 3 days of it. We value pageload time so much, we use torbit at $200/month.

Comment

Originally posted by wcsjohn View Post
                          While it should have been picked up, invest in a $5/month uptime and pageload monitor so that you'll know immediately. As you said, the fix was 5 mins. If you could have told them about the problem, you wouldn't have experienced 3 days of it. We value pageload time so much, we use torbit at $200/month.
                          Which one do you recommend?

BP

Comment

Pingdom dot com works well enough for us.

Comment

We subscribe to Pingdom, but that didn't pick up the extremely slow load times, just when it went completely down. I'll look into Torbit. Thanks for the suggestion.
                              Chris
                              TC Life Safety
                              TC Wireless

Comment

Working...
                              X