Is this possible??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this possible??

I need to set up products that are sold in 2 pack sizes, each with there own prices but pull inventory from a single bulk quantity.

Example:
    I buy 500 apples and I want to sell them in a pack of 12 costing $4 and a pack of 50 costing $10.

I want to enter that I have 500 in inventory and when the customer picks the pack size they want, it will deduct either 12 or 50 from the inventory of 500.

I can set up the option for a pack size of 12 or 50 but it only deducts 1 from the inventory quantity of course. I have played with advanced options etc but nothing seems to work.

What I am trying to avoid is having to decide an arbitrary number to put into "inventory" for each pack size. It really makes real inventory a nightmare.

I hope what I am trying to do make sense!

Thank you in advance!

When you use the select feature of the advanced options (database lookup of an option that is actually a product) you can specify a quantity. I do that when a give my customers a chance to add either a single or two batteries to the item. The correct quantity seems to be getting deducted from inventory and the right quantity prints on the invoice and packing slip

Comment

Working...
    X