Setting up Resellerratings exit survey code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up Resellerratings exit survey code

Has anyone tried to set up the advanced survey exit code from resellerratings?

I have the basic exit survey code up and running, but there is an advanced code snippet that you can use to pre-populate the exit survey customer email and invoice number fields. Here is the advanced code:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://www.resellerratings.com/images/js/dhtml_survey.css" type="text/css" />
    <script type="text/javascript">
    seller_id = 93153;
    __rr_inv = "B5000";
    __rr_email_pass = "[email protected]";
    document.write('<'+ 'script type="text/javascript" src="https://www.resellerratings.com/images/js/popup_include.js"><\/script>');
    </script>

My question is how can I get the order invoice number to pass into the __rr_inv = "B5000"; line? (B5000 is a dummy order number). I believe that there is a call tag for the order number, but I'm not sure how to get it to work within the quotes. The quotes are required unfortunately.

Same goes for the customer email. My guess is that it would be solved the same way.

In checkout_step4.html, the variable
    [oemail] is the customers email, and the variable [invoice-number] is the order number.

Put those in the appropriate places in the JS snippet.

Only caveat is that these variables might only work in specific places on the page, and those places might not overlap.

Comment

looks like this worked. Thank you.

Comment

I'm having trouble using resellerratings exit survey code. I want to pass the customer's info along as well. When I try to do it, it's always formatted wrong.

Here is the sample code provided by resellerratings:

Code:
        <script type="text/javascript">
        (function(w) {
            w.seller_id =  xxxxxx;
            // set to false if you want the pop-up to pop up for this user, i.e. - for opted out customers 
            w.__rr_autoEnroll = true;
            // Ensure that the value is quoted, please pass the customer's email address 
            w.__rr_email_pass = "[email protected]"; 

// It is recommended to quote the invoice number 
            w.__rr_inv = "INSERT INVOICE NUMBER"; 

var scr = document.createElement('script');
            scr.type = 'text/javascript';
            scr.async = true;
            scr.src  = "https://www.resellerratings.com/popup/include/popup.js";
            var s  = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];
            s.parentNode.insertBefore(scr, s);
        })(window);
        </script>
        When I try to put the [oemail] and [invoice-number] the pop-up for the exit survey doesn't come up. If I add spaces between the double quotes and the [oemail] then the survey popup does come up, but it shows a space before and after the email.

I've tried single quotes, and that works but they also show up in the popup. How do I pass the email with the correct syntax so that it shows up clean with no spaces or quotes or anything - the proper way? I'm not a developer, so I'm not familiar with this kinda thing. I've tried it a number of different ways to no avail :(

Comment

Working...
        X