Label Manager and UPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Label Manager and UPS

Hi, just took my first store online with 3DCart and have our first orders. Of course, we are trying to use Label Manager to print shipping labels. I saw a few threads on this, but I'm still having trouble so I wanted to find out if these are ongoing problems or if I need to set something up correctly.

FedEx - FedEx with label manager kind of works fine. Instead of Print Label, we use the Get PDF and print that. Of course, make sure you select the correct paper size when you enter the shipping details.

UPS - Cannot get this to work at all. There is not setting asking whether you want the 8.5"x11" or 4"x6" label. Even when I view the PDF (and it looks OK), when I send it to my thermal printer, only a few lines are printed down the right side.

USPS - Haven't tried it, but it looks like (from posts in this forum), that postage isn't actually charged, only the label printed. You would need to take it to the post office to actually pay for the postage. Or, use USPS.com or a third party.

My client is a small store (hopefully growing), and they really don't want to pay another monthly charge for ShipWorks, Endicia or something else. I was hoping these items would work properly.

Is everyone else using Label Manager experiencing the same thing?
    Joanne Barker
    VS Web Design
    [email protected]

Looks like UPS labels can only be printed to a laser printer and then placed in a pouch or taped to the package.
    Joanne Barker
    VS Web Design
    [email protected]

Comment

Nope, you got it, shipping is not great in 3dcart

Welcome to 3dcart! (that was sarcastic!)

Comment

I have been looking for a solution as well

If you find a ship solution, let me know, I have been looking for years. The shipping process, when busy, is not so fun for me using 3dcart. You can print FedEX & maybe UPS, but no USPS and I have yet to be able to get FedEx to print international from within the cart. Shipping is a big waste of my time.

Comment

Haha, rcheltrvel! My client isn't a large merchant (yet) so they don't want to spend any $$ on a third party solution. I've heard other folks talk about ShipWorks and Endicia even though I haven't used them myself.
          Joanne Barker
          VS Web Design
          [email protected]

Comment

In the past I have use Endicia with 3DC since that store used USPS heavily. It has been a couple years but it used to work well once I got the workflow down.

Comment

Originally posted by mueller View Post
              In the past I have use Endicia with 3DC since that store used USPS heavily. It has been a couple years but it used to work well once I got the workflow down.
              Shipworks is great and not to pricey.

BUT, still waiting on 3dcart to integrate the USPS module so it'll print AND pay postage.

Comment

Working...
              X