Advanced Options Conundrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Options Conundrum

I have an issue with my use of extended options that is driving me crazy.

I have a product that comes in three colors, black, stainless and white and two sizes. Small and large. Regular use of advanced options generates 6 unique products: black - Large, Black - Small, Stainless - Large, etc. Everything is great.

Now, I want to use the options feature to allow the user to add one or two batteries and or one of two battery chargers as an upsell. I am using the database select feature in the options to facilitate this.

Ideally, what I would like to do is use the advanced options feature so that I can track the inventory of my six unique products (how many Red - Small do I have). Unfortunately, by using the "upsell" options for the batteries and chargers I now get an advanced option for every unique combination (Red - Small - 1 battery - No Charger). Inventory tracking and exportable product IDs go out the window.

Is there any way to keep an option that is really an add-on product from being considered when generating the advanced options permutations? Or is there a better way to implement what I am trying to do?

Thanks

Have you thought of having the batteries displayed as a related item for those products?
    Joanne Barker
    VS Web Design
    [email protected]

Comment

If you use checkboxes for the upsell items you wont get the extra entries in advanced options.

Add X product ?
      Option1 Yes
      Option 2 No

Comment

Originally posted by Ruppy View Post
        If you use checkboxes for the upsell items you wont get the extra entries in advanced options.

Add X product ?
        Option1 Yes
        Option 2 No
        Ruppy, I'll have to give that a try. It will look a bit clumsy, but at least I will have some semblance of inventory control. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ruppy View Post

Add X product ?
          Option1 Yes
          Option 2 No
          Ruppy, I Just tried it. It works perfectly. Thank you so much. I've been banging my head against the wall for 6 months manually keeping track of the inventory, hoping that I didn't have a huge rush and would sell something I was out of stock on.

You are a god send.

Thanks again

Tom

Comment

Working...
          X