Free Shipping Promotion (coupon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Shipping Promotion (coupon)

I can't set up free shipping promo for all products (for the Christmas season). I check the "Free Shipping" box and STILL the customer is charged. Are there additional configurations I must change? Maybe it can't be set up as a coupon? Thanks in advance for your assistance!
    Last edited by Davef; 11-25-2012, 12:53 PM.

https://support.3dcart.com/3dcart2/K...shipping-guide

Comment

From the PDF file:
      NOTE: There are two other ways of adding free shipping. You can create a
      promotion for free shipping and enable it, or you can choose a specific item and
      check the free shipping box.

Comment

Dave, where do you check the Free Shipping box? Did you add an automatic promotion or did you check Free Shipping for each product?
        Joanne Barker
        VS Web Design
        [email protected]

Comment

I checked Yes to "requires coupon" and entered coupon code.

Under Promotion offers, I checked free shipping.
          Nothing else (products, etc) is checked.

My objective: Offer free shipping with a coupon code for all products for a limited time.

Comment

Sounds like you set up everything OK. Did you enable it?

Here's a link to the promotion guide, too.

https://support.3dcart.com/3dcart2/K...-manager-guide
            Joanne Barker
            VS Web Design
            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by vswebdesign View Post
              Sounds like you set up everything OK. Did you enable it?

Here's a link to the promotion guide, too.

https://support.3dcart.com/3dcart2/K...-manager-guide
              Thanks for that link. I created a new coupon following the steps. Same result. So, I added $1 to the minimum. That didn't work. I have Discount Group set at "none". Do I need to set it to "All"? I don't have any discount groups set up. No items are excluded.
              Attached Files

Comment

You could try the All setting. The discount is enabled, correct? You can add a code, but you have to manually enable it to work.

I'm going to set up a code for my site and see if I can get it to work and then I'll share my settings with you.
                Joanne Barker
                VS Web Design
                [email protected]

Comment

I set up everything and Free Shipping worked.

I'm attaching screen prints for the Promotion Manager and what the shipping portion of my cart looks like...
                  Attached Files
                  Joanne Barker
                  VS Web Design
                  [email protected]

Comment

I set up everything and Free Shipping worked.

I'm attaching screen prints for the Promotion Manager and what the shipping portion of my cart looks like...
                    Thanks! I will try that. Sorry for the late response. I did not get an email (happens after 3 replies to a thread). I think I may have to cut back on the subscriptions LOL

Comment

I followed the screen captures exactly. And it matches all of your screens. But, when I enter the addresses, the shipping is added.

My shipping is based on value (total amount of the order). Perhaps it has to do with the "value" shipping method?

Comment

When I get a chance later, I'll set up my Free Shipping promo to have an "Over $50" condition and see if I can get it to work.
                        Joanne Barker
                        VS Web Design
                        [email protected]

Comment

When I get a chance later, I'll set up my Free Shipping promo to have an "Over $50" condition and see if I can get it to work.
                          Did the free shipping disappear when the customer's information was entered in the order form?

Comment

Hi Dave,

I added a minimum $50 requirement before the free shipping would kick in. Everything worked as expected. I entered the promo code and my shipping zip in the review cart stage and it came back as $0.00. Then, when I went to the checkout portion, only the free shipping option was available. I'm using single page checkout, btw.

If you want me to take a look at exactly how you are setting this up, feel free to PM me tomorrow.
                            Last edited by vswebdesign; 11-26-2012, 10:45 PM.
                            Joanne Barker
                            VS Web Design
                            [email protected]

Comment

Free shipping using shipping methods

Hi Dave,

I added a minimum $50 requirement before the free shipping would kick in. Everything worked as expected. I entered the promo code and my shipping zip in the review cart stage and it came back as $0.00. Then, when I went to the checkout portion, only the free shipping option was available. I'm using single page checkout, btw.

If you want me to take a look at exactly how you are setting this up, feel free to PM me tomorrow.
                              Here's how I do my Free shipping for all products and total order is over $50-
                              1) Go to settings/Shipping/Shipping Settings and check the "calculate shipping by value after discounts"
                              2)Go to settings/shipping/shipping methods - create a custom shipping method by value - example:Caption = Free shipping for orders over $50, customer group = ALL, Select the countries (exclude HI and AK if you want), edit ranges, put in 50min, 9999max
                              3)Go to settings/shipping/shipping methods - now create a custom shipping for method by value for purchase under $50. Follow above example but in the edit ranges, put 0min, 49.99 max, shipping $5.95 (or whatever your price is) and set your other shipping rates like normal.

Note: if you have complicated shipping methods this may not work for you. Mine is simple - flat rate under $50, free over $50. I set up other custom shipping by value for HI and AK and shipping by weight for France and Canada.

You can use this method in combination with the promotion manager to run discounts or free gift with purchase promotions.

Hope this helps. Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I thought I would throw it out to you. You can see it in action at laurenmaconline.com

Good luck,
                              Marsha,

Comment

Working...
                              X