Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bulk edit Listing Template? Import/Export?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulk edit Listing Template? Import/Export?

Hi all,

Is there a way to Import/Export to make bulk changes to the listing template that each product has?

I would like to "group" like products in the same listing template (for example: some items will have Listing_0, others Listing_1, and still others would have Listing_3 templates applied).

I tried to look at the sample Import/Export files to see if any of those included the Listing Template field, but I didn't see one that included Listing Template???

With so many products (over 500) I really didn't want to have to change the Listing Templates one-by-one :)

Thanks in advance!
    James

You might be able to do it by directly editing the Shop.mdb access file located in your /assets/db/ folder, but doing this could mess up your store. There is no built-in way to do this.

Comment

Ah man! Thanks cbsteven, though you were the bearer of bad news I ALWAYS appreciate your help :)

I'll probably have someone here do it one-by-one when they're not busy...a fun project if someone is having a slow day haha.

Thanks again!
      -James

Comment

Wait! If I understand your question correctly, you want to look at the "listing_displaytype" (column CK if I do a full product export)

Just remember:
        Template Style 1 is listing_displaytype 0
        Template Style 2 is listing_displaytype 1
        Template Style 3 is listing_displaytype 2
        etc.

Comment

Nice catch! I never saw that column. Ill throw in a minor contribution that a value of -1 means the default listing type.

Comment

Much thanks to both of you! That's definitely going to be extremely helpful and I'm glad that there's a way to do this. I don't know how I missed that column, forgive my ignorance :)

Thanks again to both of you for the help!
            -James

Comment

Originally posted by JR123 View Post
              ...I don't know how I missed that column, forgive my ignorance :)
              Don't feel bad -- it doesn't help that it's called "Listing Template" in the admin and "Listing Display Type" on the .csv file. (along with the goofy mismatched numbering system)

Comment

Working...
              X