Gift Certicate - Message & To/From

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift Certicate - Message & To/From

I've created a product "Gift Certificates". However, the gift message & other critical information such as the email to which the certificate should be sent are not shown in the order. I'm trying to manually add GC codes as a promotion until it can be fixed. But, I have a customer who wants to order a GC now.

How are you getting this information?

Hi Dave...

You can look at my Gift Certificate product: https://thefarmbertuccios.com/ten-do...rtificate.html

I created a product and set the option to Gift Certificate. Setting that option will then display the block of code on your product listing page that will gather the recipient information.
    Joanne Barker
    VS Web Design
    [email protected]

Comment

Hi. Thanks. How were you able to view the recipient's email on the order in the editor? When I set it up as a Gift Certificate, the order did not display that information (gift certificate message & email to recipient) in the editor. I worked with Tech Support and he wasn't able to figure it out either. So, he's put in a ticket. The certificate code did not go out automatically nor could I see the information in the order in the editor.

In the meantime, I set up individual products ($20, $50, etc.) and in the options, I added the "to" "from" "recipient email" and "Gift Message".
      At least then I was able to manually send an email to the recipient with a Promotion code that I create.

P.S. You have a beautiful site and I like your products! I think I'll buy some!
      Last edited by Davef; 11-27-2012, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks! Makes me hungry....

What do you mean "in the editor"? I went to an old order that had a gift certificate and I was not able to see any specific information about the GC like recipient email address or message. I could only see the GC number, amount, and its history.
        Joanne Barker
        VS Web Design
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by vswebdesign View Post
          Thanks! Makes me hungry....

What do you mean "in the editor"? I went to an old order that had a gift certificate and I was not able to see any specific information about the GC like recipient email address or message. I could only see the GC number, amount, and its history.
          Editor is what I call the section where we can view orders, etc. (using Yahoo's language I guess).

I think I've figured it out. Tech Support and I were both using Pay by Check. When I moved it to "new", it worked just fine. Except, of course, no information such as "recipient message", etc could not be viewed in the order itself. Now, I'll knock out the details such as can a balance be retained for future use. ($20 purchase with $50 coupon.) , and does it expire. I'll look in the KB for that.

Comment

Yes, the GC codes maintain a history so that if a recipient uses only $20 of a $50 GC, the balance is maintained as well as a list of orders that it was used with. I'm not sure about expiration, but I don't think so.
            Joanne Barker
            VS Web Design
            [email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X