Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove site name from site content page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove site name from site content page?

Hi all,

Wondering how to remove the site name H1 tag from my site content page. I created a new frame template frame_1 for this page, but I can't figure out where to remove that tag (at the top above the image, where it says NCR Silver). Thanks for the help in advance.

NCR Silver

My best guess is that it is in your home.html template page. Look for <h1 class="headers">

Comment

I appreciate the response, but still not able to find that sucker. I found the home.html, but don't see that entry.

Comment

Next guess is that this is an extra page that is being displayed (created in Settings->Design->Site Content

Try extrapage.html

Comment

That was it, you're a genius...thank you! I had to edit from the template editor in 3dcart, I couldn't make changes and ftp back over, got access denied errors. All set, thanks again.

Comment

The original extrapage.html resides in the /templates/common directory. If you ever want to customize it, make the changes and FTP it into your template directory (e.g /templates/v4000x). Files in the common directory may be overwritten when new releases come out.
            Joanne Barker
            VS Web Design
            [email protected]

Comment

thanks for the info. I'm afraid I'm back to square one. When I removed the line <h1 class="page_headers">[htmlpage]</h1>, it also removes all the product categories on my left bar for the other pages.

Comment

Did you still edit the page in the template editor or the template itself through FTP. Removing that tag shouldn't cause you the error you saw. Try editing extrapage.html and simply commenting out the H1 tag like this:

<!--<h1 class="page_headers">[htmlpage]</h1>-->

Make sure you leave the <td> and <tr> tags in place. Then, upload it to your template area.

Make sure you clear 3D Cart's cache and see how that works.
                Joanne Barker
                VS Web Design
                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                X