Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use AddThis buttons to category pages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use AddThis buttons to category pages?

Hi all,

When you're within a product page in your 3D Cart store (like Product A) it has AddThis buttons (Like, Tweet, Pinterest, email this product, etc.). Great!

I wanted those same buttons to show on our Category pages, too...not just the product pages. That way someone can "Like" or "Tweet" or "Pin" (etc.) the category page.

The strange this is that when I added the following code to the Category_0 template, it somehow puts a weird "code" in the URL (after .com):

<tr><!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->
    <div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style ">
    <a class="addthis_button_facebook_like" fb:like:layout="button_count"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_tweet"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_google_plusone" g:plusone:size="medium"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_pinterest_pinit"></a>
    <a class="addthis_counter addthis_pill_style"></a>
    </div>
    <script type="text/javascript">var addthis_config = {"data_track_addressbar":true};</script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=ra-50c8ba066b0e6595"></script>
    <!-- AddThis Button END --></tr>

Before adding this code, the URL would be something like:

[mywebsite].com/Category.html

After adding the above code, that URL now shows as:

[mywebsite].com/Category.html#.UMi-j3f7690

Anyone know why this is happening and what I could do to not have this happen?

Thanks in advance!
    James

Hi James....I added the Add This code to my category page and I don't see what you're seeing. https://www.thefarmbertuccios.com/ca...-apricots.html ...Granted, I've renamed all my pages and not using the autogenerated page names.
    Joanne Barker
    VS Web Design
    [email protected]

Comment

Thank you so much for the reply! Hmmm, I can't figure that one out. I do not have custom file names for the categories (just the pre-populated 3D cart URL names). One thing I noticed in your source code was that there was a <A HREF> to AddThis that is lacking in my code.

I'll have to play around with it some. Maybe instead of trying to copy/paste codes generated from the AddThis website I'll try copying/pasting the pre-existing code that is in the Product template. I'll see if that works out any better...

On a side note, you have a great looking website!!

Thanks again!
      James

Comment

That's what I did. I took the same AddThis code from my product template.

<!--START: product_social-bookmarking-->
        <div style="float:right;">
        <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
        <tr>
        <td align="right" valign="middle" colspan="2">[product_social-bookmarking]</td>
        </tr>
        </table>
        </div>
        <!--END: product_social-bookmarking-->
        Joanne Barker
        VS Web Design
        [email protected]

Comment

Awesome, thank you! I took your advice, but tweaked it just a little bit. I found the Social Bookmarking script in our store: Social Commerce --> Social Bookmarking

I then added a couple of things (Pinterest, Google+) and it's working great! No weird extension to the URL from what I can see.

Thanks again for your help!
          -James

Comment

Glad to help!
            Joanne Barker
            VS Web Design
            [email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X