text color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• text color

I've republished my blog on my main page with feedburner however as you can see the text is dark, what code do i need to change to make the text show up white?

The PlantGuy- Canadian Aquarium Plants

thanks!..

You'll need to create some new styles. The links are using your general A: style tags for the site. There are classes defined for headline, feedTitle, and date that would need to be added to your css file and then you could style them at will.
    Joanne Barker
    VS Web Design
    [email protected]

Comment

ok, thanks, at least I know what needs to be done...have no idea how to do it though LOL...wish I had more time to learn this stuff..

Comment

You could also do your styles in line if that would be easier...here's a sample to your blog headline:

<p class="feedTitle">
        <a href="http://theplantguy.3dcartstores.com" style="color:white">The PlantGuy: Blog Posts</a>
        </p>

You would simply need to update the appropriate template file.
        Joanne Barker
        VS Web Design
        [email protected]

Comment

thanks, I think I can figure that out!..

Comment

ok, I've tried a few things but it doesn't seem to work. Here is the line in my frame.html which refers to the blog, what needs to be changed to make the text white?

<script src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/ThePlantguyBlogPosts?format=sigpro" type="text/javascript" ></script><noscript><p>Subscribe to RSS headline updates from: <a href="http://feeds.feedburner.com/ThePlantguyBlogPosts"></a><br/>Powered by FeedBurner</p> </noscript>

Comment

Oh...I was just looking at your source code when I brought up your page. Well, you can either try to go back to whereever you got the Javascript from (maybe they have some styling options) or you can add those styles to your .css file using the classes I described above.

For example, edit your .css file like this:

.feedTitle {
              a:link {color:white;} /* unvisited link */
              a:visited {color:white;} /* visited link */
              a:hover {color:white;} /* mouse over link */
              a:active {color:white;} /* selected link */
              }

You should be able to do something similar with the other items in your blog posts.
              Joanne Barker
              VS Web Design
              [email protected]

Comment

call me crazy but will that syntax work joanne?

or is this from something like less or sass that allows nesting?

if i've been doing it the hard way this whole time i'm going to be pissed lol.

if any of the options are different, it would be much better than the standard grouping of:
                .feedTitle a:link, .feedTitle a:visited, .feedTitle a:hover, .feedTitle a:active {
                color: white;
                }

Comment

You're right...I was in a hurry and wasn't thinking. Your syntax is correct. :S
                  Joanne Barker
                  VS Web Design
                  [email protected]

Comment

crap.

guess its time for sass/compass :)

Comment

I do mine this way sometimes:

.feedTitle a:link { color:white; }
                      .feedTitle a:hover { color: white; }
                      etc....

It's easier for me to read.