Emails not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emails not Working

Ever since i switched my domain to point to my 3dcart, i do not get order emails
    Thoughts?

The person placing the order gets the email but i do not

Well the customer was receiving them. Now they are not or are they receiving order update emails.

Hmm did i make a mistake moving to 3dcart. Emails are an important part of a web business.

Comment

Do you still have your MX record for email set to your old email service? Do you plan on using 3DCart's email service? If so, you need to set that up.
      Joanne Barker
      VS Web Design
      [email protected]

Comment

Settings

Check your settings for emails. There is likely something you didn't set up correctly.

Comment

where do i check those too?

I set it up in the Smarter Mail and then my outlook client
          Last edited by Chris04626; 12-20-2012, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vswebdesign View Post
            Do you still have your MX record for email set to your old email service? Do you plan on using 3DCart's email service? If so, you need to set that up.
            Where do i change MX record?

I sent up my email address in the SmarterMail settings and then set it up in Outlook Express

Comment

If you're using the SmarterMail, then you don't need to worry about MX settings (that was only if you were going to use another email service provider). Double check the email settings for your store in the Admin panel against your SmarterMail settings. There's probably some mismatch.

Also, do you get other emails to your domain (e.g. [email protected], etc.) and it is only the order emails you don't get?
              Last edited by vswebdesign; 12-20-2012, 10:56 PM.
              Joanne Barker
              VS Web Design
              [email protected]

Comment

No im not getting any emails now

Comment

If i send email using outlook express it sends and i can receive it, but the site is not sending out emails

Comment

i got it sorted, said something baout me not having www. in front of my url

Comment

For some reason when i set up my email address on my android phone it keeps saying no response from email server

Comment

Working...
                      X