Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum Order Amount errors

Hello.

We require a $10.00 minimum order amount on our site. I have confirmed that this is set up correctly, but I still have customers calling in to say their order exceeds the $10.00 minimum, but they're still receiving the message indicating they're below the minimum.

I suspect this happens when the customer isn't logged in.

Have any of you experienced this and does anyone know of a solution?
    - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Originally posted by DeanP View Post
    Hello.

We require a $10.00 minimum order amount on our site. I have confirmed that this is set up correctly, but I still have customers calling in to say their order exceeds the $10.00 minimum, but they're still receiving the message indicating they're below the minimum.

Does it go off just the subtotal of the items or the entire order? it might have something to do with that.

Comment

First step is to try to replicate the problem. If all you have to go on is customers saying something is wrong, it is hard to identify and solve the problem. Try using the site in various ways and get it narrowed down so you can replicate the problem reliably. Then, if needed, open a ticket with step by step instructions on how to get them to replicate the problem.

Comment

Hi Dean,

I placed a test order and the total amount for the 3 items came out to $12.50. It then brought me to the One Page checkout, where I was able to create a test account, and I didn’t receive any error message. I tried placing the order using FireFox version 17.0 and IE 9. The only time that I received the error was when I only had an item less than $10.00. Are you able to replicate the error?

Thank you,
        Fernando- Chief Customer Officer
        3dcart

Comment

Originally posted by DeanP View Post
          Hello.

There is a minimum order amount under STORE SETTINGS, but you can also specify these for each Customer Group.

Do you think perhaps the client is on a specific customer group and the minimum amount required is higher for that group?

The system logs every user error in the not complete orders, these are not hard errors, so we keep them as reference to let you know how many times a customer tried to log in, or had an error adding to cart due to stock or required options. You can check your not complete orders to look for one with the minimum order error to try to duplicate the issue.

Jimmy

Comment

Hey everyone.

I have tried to replicate this over and over but cannot. I've also confirmed that my customer groups have the same $10 minimum - which of course is based on the subtotal, less shipping.

On the most recent occurrence of this, I saw the customer in the Not Completed Orders section with a ~$25 subtotal hitting the error page over and over again. When I had the customer log in he was able to advance and complete an order.

I'll try to get more info and report back.

Comment

We just had another customer with this same problem. He had one $12 part and a $7 shipping method for a total of $19 and couldn't check out because the system told him he didn't meet the $10 minimum.

Similar to the last situation, this happened with a customer who was not logged in. As soon as we asked him to make an account and log in, he was able to check out.

I'm still not able to reproduce this though.

Comment

Working...
              X