Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free shipping items make all shipping methods zero?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free shipping items make all shipping methods zero?

We have two classes of items, Tea and Non-tea. I would like to offer free standard shipping on tea.

The issue is that when I make all of our tea as "free shipping" items, then there is no way for the customer to select an expedited shipping method. In-fact it makes it look like all shipping methods are free. So someone could theoretically choose overnight shipping, and the price is "zero".

Can this be the case?

I want the customer to be able to pick between "free shipping" which pops up as an option, but also pick a pay shipping if they choose.

Any ideas how to do this.

What I have now is a custom method called "free shipping on tea" that has a zero cost. The issue with this is that since zero is the cheapest its selected by default all the time, even if someone has no tea in their cart.
    Last edited by NMTEACO; 12-28-2012, 11:12 PM.

There is a setting "Exclude free shipping items from real time calculation" setting under SETTINGS > SHIPPING SETTINGS.

Test by unchecking this, basically the setting removes the weight of any items flagged as free shipping from the shipping rate requests being made to USPS/UPS/FEDEX.

Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy3dcart View Post
      There is a setting "Exclude free shipping items from real time calculation" setting under SETTINGS > SHIPPING SETTINGS.

Test by unchecking this, basically the setting removes the weight of any items flagged as free shipping from the shipping rate requests being made to USPS/UPS/FEDEX.

Jimmy
      Thanks for your reply. The problem then arises if someone has 5 pounds of free shipping items, and one pound of none free shipping items. If I unchecked that then 3dcart is going to charge shipping for 6 pounds of items, when really it should only charge for one pound.

So basically there is no correct setting. If its checked then it works if there is mixed items in the cart, but does not work if there is only free shipping items. If it is unchecked it works if there are only free shipping items in the cart, but does not work if there are mixed items in the cart.

Comment

Working...
      X