Pop up on ipad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop up on ipad

Has anyone had a problem with popups on ipad? The image gallery hangs. I am using the standard store version rather than the web version. Thanks

Can you provide me with a url to check. I might be able to give some advice depending on what is coming from the page.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks to jleclair for answering this question.

Image gallery on smart phones or ipads, does not work. Doesn't make any difference whether you use mobile module or regular pc view.

Amazon is able to make it work with Safari on ipad and iphone so there's a workaround. I just don't know what it is. Really bad news for my products.

Comment

Per Tech Support

Image Gallery will NOT display on mobile devices.

Well, unless you want to pay several hundred dollars for custom coding.

Comment

In my opinion, mobile anything is one of 3dCart's biggest weaknesses. The mobile sites do not work at all, both front and back end. Even when using the non-mobile version of websites on mobile devices, there are major problems. It becoming a bigger and bigger problem as more people than ever are using tablets. Hopefully 3dCart is working on this and will make some upgrades soon.
          Laura Z
          Brass & Silver Traditions
          www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Originally posted by brassandsilver View Post
            In my opinion, mobile anything is one of 3dCart's biggest weaknesses. The mobile sites do not work at all, both front and back end. Even when using the non-mobile version of websites on mobile devices, there are major problems. It becoming a bigger and bigger problem as more people than ever are using tablets. Hopefully 3dCart is working on this and will make some upgrades soon.
            They have one solution already: Expand the number of images under the main image from 3 to 10. It would scroll with arrows. They already have that technology. But, you have to pay HUNDREDS of dollars to have this installed.

That feature should be free if they honestly declare their platform as mobile-device compatible. It is currently not compatible with Ipad. We receive calls from Ipad customer who cannot view the image gallery and we are limited to only three images below the main image.

Comment

More Than Four Product images in listing

Up to 20 images. No cost... just coding
              TheCartDesigner.com
              Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
              100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by 3dcartdesigns View Post

Oh wow. I wish that Tech Support had told me about it. I called and was told it would require coding and manual conversion. I didn't see the article (obviously). It took me hours to create special pages for those images that couldn't be added. I can provide the name of the tech if you want to PM me. Maybe he should be told about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dcartdesigns View Post

This works great. Except that the custom fields disappeared. I followed the instructions exactly. Does removing the image gallery affect the custom fields? The code between <!--START: extrafields--> <!--END: extrafields--> is still contained in the html of the new template.
                  UPDATE: I modified the template from Common section. That moved the custom fields to below the description. I had 4 custom fields below the image gallery. So, that was the problem.
                  Last edited by Davef; 06-27-2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X